More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASUS TUF RTX 3080 MH/s

I just installed two new ASUS TUF RTX 3080’s and am wondering if the cards are thermal throttling but I don’t have any experience diagnosing this. I have read online RTX 3080’s are known for thermal throttling because the DDR6 VRAM runs insanely hot and both of these cards are running Micron memory.

As you can see below, one RTX has been beyond stable. I set my OC settings and its been at 97 ever since it started to run. The other RTX 3080 towards the middle of the list fluctuates like the weather. I watch the live feed of the miner and I can see it reach 97 MH/s and within a matter of 10 minutes, dwindle down to lower 90s/upper 80s. I can crank the fan speed up to 70% and see the MH/s increase back to around 97 MH/s but get anxious with cranking the fans up higher than 65+ for its lifespan.

I have not yet pulled off the heatsink to replace the stock pads as I’m still trying to figure out the thickness of the pad to get but in anyone else’s experience, what did you have to do with your 3080’s (if you experienced any issues with yours)?

Also a side note, if anyone knows how to get rid of the HD Graphics 630, that’d be greatly appreciated to. Thank you!

BIOS

Disable IGPU

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Try to Set your rtx 3080 asus fan to 90.
It will be lock your power of gpu.

Interesting. Lock the power of the GPU? You’re referring to the % the fan is set at, correct? I have not heard of that. What about wearing down the fan quicker? I understand the faster it spins, the shorter the lifespan.

Yes your card is thermal throttling. Unfortunately you can’t see the junction temp but it’s probably at 108C or higher.
Raise the fan temps to 100% to see if it helps. If it does, you can slowly decrease it to 90.

2 Likes

HI, man. it should be the problem about bios setting. Also, what I wanna tell u it won’t influence ur rig. try this in ur bios setting: press delete to go to the BIOS page→【chipset】→North Bridge→NB PCie slot Video and saving the bios settings. I’m not sure it’s can solve the problem, but u can try anyway if u want it.

1 Like

Thank you, I will test it. Is your recommendation for the 3080 MH/s or for disabling the onboard graphics?

disabling the onboard graphics?

I can confirm raising the fan speed helped for mine. Temp of the card itself was around 53 with fans at 75% getting 91MH/s. I raised fans to 90% and card is now at 47 temp and 98MH/s. I really wish Hive had some way of observing mem temps…

Friends - this is my first time using non founders edition GPUs and the Asus TUF OC RTX3080 I installed is hashing at 64 MH/s. Not sure why.
My settings are
Core -250
Mem 2400
Power 227
Fan auto

Tried fan at 100% too. Nothing seems to change it.

I am using NBminer Ver 39.5

What am I doing wrong ?

I got Asus strix 3080, had the same issue,setting was -200core 2000mem 230w and 92 MHs. But it was throttling very badly, fan was auto and at 100 all the time.

Than i just bring down power to 210 and mem to 1800. Now 75 stable MHs and green temp. Trading 15 to 20 hash with life of card is not a bad trade.

You can run for 100 MHs in winters but for long term, i think its not good for card. As my friend’s msi 3080 got wasted after 4 5 restarts due to throttling. Msi swapped the card with new anyway

Follow the same settings that I have:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.