More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Ata Bus errors?

The miner was working fine until friday morning, when it stopped working

I am getting these errors

Oct 10 18:27:00 MXT kernel: amdgpu 0000:0a:00.0: amdgpu: message: TransferTableSmu2Dram (18) param: 0x00000005 is timeout (no response) Oct 10 18:27:08 MXT kernel: amdgpu 0000:0a:00.0: amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state! Oct 10 18:27:16 MXT kernel: amdgpu 0000:0a:00.0: amdgpu: Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state!

The first thing I did was a selfupgrade which was successful, but did not correct the issue

Then I noticed on boot , ATA Bus errors when it goes to load the amd drivers. there are several of these

I think this is telling me the SSD is having an issue. I checked both cables and they seem properly attached

I was able to start the machine with a usb kali linux image, and ran several checks

fsck tells me that I have a bad superblock. I have tried several things to find a backup superblock, all failed

I ran testdisk and it was unable to repair bad sectors

Not sure what else to do, appreciate any help

I have tried several things, I managed to boot the miner from a kali thumbdrive and tried
fsck -p /dev/sda2 to repair, and i get bad magic number in superblock error

i tried dumpe2fs -h /dev/sda2 and it responds that it cannot find a valid superblock

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.