More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Best pool and miner for ETH?

Hello guys, what is best miner and pool for mining eth with 4x rx 580 8gb and 2x 1070 8gb?

currently i think the phoenix miner is best, but causes problems to some people with the latest version. also i am mining in hive pool , but ethermine is also good one.

I am mining on gminer over hivepool, somehow cant connect to phoenixminer, 0 invalid shares so far

What about Flexpool ? I have been eared that it’s a good one since EIP 1559
It has 0.5% fee and 90% MEV
Also, we have to mind the latency right ? We are not all located at the same place
( Flexpool is 15 ms latency for me )

I am mining with hiveon on gminer and these are my earnings https://hiveon.net/eth?miner=0xb11A0D8d8f2692430738f1Fd3e49e6Fa6D7AA2fa
So that is why I started this topic, I heard that antminer is also good

Lol man your cards are performing very badly. Are they bios modded. They have high temps and perform poorly

No, not bios modded, i am going to do it in like half hour, must find some vbios on youtube or here on forum, or if there are already created vbios settings I can use

@rkulov i did vbios mod, but one card is not good, like without vbios, tomorrow i will add one more rx 580 8gb and will see how that card is doing, this hot card is on 77 max degrees and hashrate is droping with temp climbing, but its ok, better 26 than 18mhs

you need to change the VDD ( core voltage ) to all your RX 580 cards. set it to 850, it will reduce the temperatures and watts. VDDCI usually is 800 for these cards. Then you can try increasing mem to 2050 or 2100. Core clock settings also can be changed to 1150 i think. but first change the core voltage and see if the cards run stable. then the VDDCI ( memory controller voltage) als switch on the aggressive undervolting to ON.

I switched to phoenixminer, little less temperature of other gpus except this one that is hot no matter what pool and miner

Is it only up to me or gminer have less shares than phoenixminer

Somehow I cannot connect on ethermine using hiveon pool

See here ratio block / reward for 1 / 3 / 14 and 28days

i try many pool https://www.miningpoolsprofits.com/

Actually phoenix is not best miner, for amd teamredminer or lolminer and nvidia trex,gminer (see share ratio not hashrate) and hiveon not best pool, pps+ for ETH is poor system after 30days mining

2 Likes

Don’t forget to do the advanced settings too for a little more for those 580’s

1 Like

As I can see CrazyMiner is best pool right now, what do you think about crazyminer and lolminer in a combination?

Just did that, ty so much

this choice is yours, also depending on your connection and your settings (badshare).

Thanks for your vote of support :smiley:

We’re in the Hive OS Forum so I hope some people say Hive Pool too.
I’d say use TRM, Lolminer, T-rex, or Gminer for AMD/Nvidia. Phoenix has a bad reputation and likely still isn’t the best although it does support the most variety of cards.

Besides Flexpool Ethermine is also good.
I’d strongly avoid the other pools, theres a lot of scams going on.

You can see your latency to each of our servers under here we’re the only significant pool with servers in South America and Australia.

1 Like

flexpool server amazon cloud verya bad choice for me… many stale are due to the poor quality of the amazon network.

why don’t use OVH or Other for dedicated server ! my ping is 14ms at your place then I have peak at 40/50ms then 70ms and come back to 15ms…a shame to do things like that.

Otherwise very good pool, you take your share in the M.E.V system but the less you display it clearly and I like the transparency. (nice)

AWS is generally considered much better than OVH with them being more reliable and quite a bit more expensive. Much better at maintaining multiple regions in sync around the world. When we upgraded from OVH to AWS stale rates went down slightly across the board. Overall reviews for AWS are higher vs OVH Source Sparkpool is on AWS outside China.

What recently happened to one OVH datacentre: