Billing in Hive OS: Important Updates
Valid from January 20, 2020 00:00 UTC
- The number of free rigs is now increased to 4
- Now you can pay for Hive OS through mining ETH on Hiveon pool
- A new interval for billing calculation
Here are the basic things you need to know:
- There are no changes for paid users apart from an extra opportunity to pay for Hive OS at the cost of 3% dev fee (for mining Ethereum on Hiveon pool).
- Free users get an additional 4th rig. Free usage of service is available when meeting certain rules:
- 1 rig under any condition
- 2-4 rigs are free on certain* conditions
- 5 and more rigs are paid
- Mining ETH on Hiveon pool — 4 rigs are free.
- Mining not ETH — 4 rigs are free.
- Mining on NiceHash, Comining, MRR — 4 rigs are free.
- Mining ETH not on Hiveon pool — 1 rig is free, others are paid.
2-4 rigs, one is mining ЕТН on any pool, and others mine other coins — 4 rigs are free.
These rules come into force on 20 January 2020. The 4th additional rig is already available.
- free rigs are those rigs which mine either ETH coin on Hiveon pool, or not ETH on any other pools. “Not-ETH” coins also include coins on the Ethash algorithm (ETC, PIRL, CLO and others) and services NiceHash, Comining, MRR, MPH.
Tarification is calculated with a 5-minute interval. Paid users who can mine for example only at a preferential (night) tariff for electricity, will pay less per day, in proportion to the operating time of their farms.
Please, carefully learn all the details of the updates here.
And now we will answer several important questions:
When can I have 4 free rigs?
4 free rigs are available if you:
- mine Ethereum on Hiveon Pool;
- mine other coins.
Mining Ethereum on other pools involves paying $3/month for each rig, starting from 2nd rig.
When will I be able to pay for Hive OS on Hiveon Pool (with a 3% dev fee)?
From 20 January 2020.
How to move to Hiveon Pool?
You need to create a Flight Sheet using Hiveon Pool and apply it to workers.
Will ASIC users (not firmware) also have 4 free workers?
Yes, for ASIC users of Hive OS the number of free workers has also increased from 3 to 4.
How will the billing changes enter into force?
You can use 4 workers for Free instead of 3 from 13 January 2020. Mining Ethereum on other pools (up to 4 workers) is free till 19 January 2020 inclusively. From 20 January 2020, you will have to pay for mining Ethereum NOT on Hiveon Pool: $3/month per worker in Hive OS, starting from 2nd rig.
For free users, there will be no dev fee on Hiveon Pool.