More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Black screen

So there is common situation when the boot is going, then you see HIVE message in console and then the screen is going black.

The reason for this is failing to start X server. It’s a linux graphical user interface.

Make sure you have connected your monitor to the external GPU in 16x slot. This might be the main reason. Sometimes internal GPU will work but in some cases there is a driver conflict and monitor is not detected properly.

X server just fails itself. Examine it’s log with “journalcrl -u hivex”. But you will need network access for this.

Give up and try to connect with VNC. If it’s working then X server is running and you see it. And your Nvidia OC will work also. My point is that you need monitor only at first boots and then it’s easier work on network.

In rare cases there is really a system problem and it’s not solved with software in any way.

4 Likes

– reserved –

Hi,
My GPU does not have any video output ports as they are mining version and I need to connect via onboard VGA. The matter is that when it’ll show “Started Hive” after that I’ll only see a blink “_” and nothing more! what’s wrong?

1 Like

Hi my strange situation my gpu rig worked about a month turned off pulled out the card (1080tix2) blow the dust inserted the card did not run 84% and the error made a new flash drive loaded to the inscription HIVE started hive server x and the black screen USB flash drive overwrites it did not help who has step-by-step instruction what to do?

Решение под mac

1 запускем риг с hive os
2 узнаем IP рига
3 запускаем терменал (на mac)
4 пишем " ssh user@твойIP "
5 пароль " 1 "
6 дальше все как в видео смотреть с 2.42 минуты
7 Возрадоваться )
https://youtu.be/L3SWFlQuE88

узнать ip можно программой ipscan или при запуске после надписи hive
под винду тот же алгоритм действий

Savor

1 Like

Hi,

please can you help me with this issue ==> https://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/1144/hivesos-reboot-crashes-my-rig?new=1

Same issue here, I´m using an MSI GL76 with a RTX 3060. When I boot, after a bunch of lines I got the following and it stops:

[ OK ] Started Hive Console on TTY1.
[ OK ] Started Hive.

Any clue ?

Similar issue with PC I am trying to setup to use on HIVE when it isn’t in use for work or gaming. I flashed the HIVEOS to a SSD drive and fixed the config file with my farm hash. I set the PC to boot to the SSD drive and it does so, I see the initial Hive boot screen, then it goes blank like it is booting into hive… then nothing… I tried the recover option just to see if could capture information from that screen and It appears to be hanging on the loading initial ram disk.

This is an HP Pavilion gaming PC that works great for work and gaming. Not much to it, a mobo, 16 gig, and a RTX3060. I just wanted to take advantage of that 3060 when I am not using the PC.

Any ideas?

Same problem here.
Msi Pro z690 ddr4 motherboard.
In case anyone has figured it out, please help.
Thank you

1 Like

I made a successful boot. Still got a black screen, but the rig goes online and can be managed.

For some reason, in my particular case, seems to be booting OK only from the red USB port back at the i/o panel of the mobo (MSI Pro z690-A DDR4), AND wi-fi only.

Hope this info be useful to the community:

• BIOS updated to the last version.
  • Default values (changed to IGD and power on after power restore)
  • HiveOS last stable version.
  • Usb burnt with ETCHER, once finished, assign a letter to the first partition, load CONF.
    Ready to GO.

The rig boots from red USB port only, the others just didn’t work for me. Via Wi-fi. Ehternet not working for some reason despite having the last HiveOS version.

I have a similar issue with the rig screen. The rig will boot up just fine, but as soon as the BIOS and HIVEos loading screen have completed then the screen will go dark and will only show a cursor (I can move it around, and it appears as text format as if there is text underneath). The rig itself mines perfectly, even with overclocks.

I can configure it perfectly fine from my desktop PC through hiveon, but ideally I would like to see the stats through the rig screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Just try to connect your monitor on each VGA, one of them should show the interface.