More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can a i3-8100T CPU on a Biostar TB360-BTC PRO Motherboard run more than 4 slots with rx6600 Xts?

Hi, I have the following configuration:

• i3-8100T CPU (Listed as compatible with the MB)
  • Biostar TB360-BTC PRO Motherboard (latest bios has already been applied)
  • “GPU Risers” risers (changing all components systematically with others has made no difference)

GPUS are 6 x Powercolor RX6600 XT Red Devils and 6 x ASUS DUAL RX6600XTs

• Mining mode is enabled
  • CSM is off
  • PCI is Gen 1 (i have tried 2 & 3)
  • No monitor is plugged in routinely
    *above 4g Decoding is also On

The rig will not run in a stable configuration with my AMD cards with more than 4 slots populated. I have managed to get 6 GPUs (all the same manufacturer and BIOS version) mining using a 1 - 4 PCI card but would like to use the slots on the board.

Intel B360 chipset states:

• PCI Express Revision 3.0
  • PCI Express Configurations x1, x2, x4
  • Max # of PCI Express Lanes 12

CPU datasheet states:

• PCI Express Revision3.0
  • PCI Express Configurations Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
  • Max # of PCI Express Lanes 16

What am I doing wrong? If the processor is inadequate, I would be grateful if in your reply you could explain why and what I should be looking for on the datasheet. A list of suitable CPUs would also be great.

Thank you

no problem

A couple of differences. Yours is a different CPU and a V2 of the motherboard.

Any chance you could kindly take a screenshot of the bios pages to I can see if they can be set on a first iteration motherboard?

You mean motherboard BIOS
Sorry for bad english

Sorry,

Pictures of each of the motherboard’s bios setting pages so that I can cross check with my settings please. :pray:

I flashed to the latest BIOS for every one. The new version of the BIOS has a new interface

I may provide it to you later, I am out^^

Did you ppwer the mobo correctly? PsU connected everywhere on the mobo?

This is the bios that I am running

What PSU you have? Did you power all the slots on the mobo? i am asking because you say you use a PCIE extender to use more than 4 cards , so only 4 slots are working. This extender is powered by one of those 4 slots right? I am asking because you might not be powering the other slots.

I have tried powering with 2 server psus each at 1200w and connected to the board using a pico connector. I have also connected the 2 6 pin connectors on the motherboard. I have tried these from psu 1, psu 2 and psu1&2. Neither of these configurations appears to make a difference.

I am thinking the issue is either bios related or something to do with the processor I selected in terms of pci lanes.

you should power the aux 1 and 2 24pin connectors with the PSUs then AUXPWR1 and 2

I have ATX1, ATX2,ATX3 (connected as per the manual before anyone asks) Auxpwr1 and auxpwr2 connected too.

This did not make any difference! I believe the issue is in either bios settings or a limitation of MB or CPU with AMD RX 6600xts

Would you have the time to take some photos of the bios screens for me?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.