More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can I switch internet providers with Hiveos without changing anything?

I am switching internet providers and I still have both the new and old internet providers running and working in my home. When I moved 1 rig onto the new internet service I could not get it to hash. Is it necessary to create new rigs on Hiveos for each rig I have running or is there some other way around it? They are all hard wired. I am kinda new to all this. Thanks.

Hi,
do you think it’s necessary to change something in HiveOS when you switch your power-provider? The power comes out of the wall-outlet, right? :wink: So, the answer is NO, you don’t have to change anything. The Internet comes out of your router, right? Therefore the only important thing is to use THE ROUTER of the provider which is currently in use (I guess the “old” one) until the “new” one has start to work instead of your old one.

First confirm both service provider links are up.

Depending on how you are providing IP addresses to your rig, you will likely have to reboot your rig when you make the move. You may need to provide your Rig a fixed address.