More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can’t get hiveos to boot after adding GPUs

Motherboard MSI X570 gaming edge Wifi

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core

PSU
Corsair RM1000

Dram
Corsair x2 16G DDR4 3600MHz

Hiveos
Usb 3.0 stick
SSD currently. Switched for trouble shooting.

GPUs
NVIDIA
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra
EVGA RTX 3060 XC

AMD
RX580 sapphire nitro

Intro:
I’m super new to mining. This is my first rig.

Issue:
When I plug in more than one NVIDIA card my system will post but won’t boot into hiveos any longer. Screen just stays black (if I plug in spare GPU used only for display) but the rig will stay lit and running (fans, LEDs on). If I go to hiveos GUI it shows the rig offline.

I have been successful running
3080 and 580 off risers and mining both eth and rtm(via cpu)

And

2060 (has to be connected to pcix16 directly no riser) and 580 off a riser. Also mining rtm.

But can’t get all three or more to run.

Goal:
I want to use all my video cards ETH while my CPU mines RTM.

Things I’ve tried:
Change pci to 8x8
Gen 2
Gen 3
Auto

Switched from usb Os to SSD

Reimaged OS

Deleted rig readded

Add one card at a time

Change where GPU risers connect

Updated mother BIOS

Flashed BIOS!

I think this is probably a setting in my motherboard bios. Or maybe I can’t do it with the equipment I already have.

Also any other tips on how to clean this bad boy up would be appreciated.

When I have 3060 and 580 working

do you have 4g encoding enabled in bios?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I do.

Update. I have been able to get three cards to show now. However it looks as if the 3080 isn’t being recognized now.

Uploading: B9FB0EA1-9821-4E64-AA83-CACB024B386E.jpeg…

check it by itself and make sure it works as is, could be a motherboard setting or could be a power cable/faulty card. also make sure to use locked core clocks on the 3080 too like you have on the 2060.

If you look at that picture I posted yesterday it shows it hashing as well as the AMD card

So I have the 2060 and 1, 8 pin (out of 3!) of the 3080 on the same psu cable.

Not sure if it helps, but I had major issues running LHR cards on a wrong driver. I had 2 different LHR cards and I couldn’t get the 2 of them working at the same time, but something in the driver software locked out one of the cards.

I resolved this by updating to compatible drivers, newer if I recall correct, and that solved it. It costed me a few mh/s but I figured it was better than not having the cards run at all.

Ultimately I had all 7 cards running on the rig, so it did work out.

Any chance you can share names of cards and drivers you used??

I ordered another MB. Hoping that’s the issue cause I have a few more LHR cards on the way.

From hive shell, -nvidia-driver-update 495.44
Which I think is actually the latest driver, but hive removed it because some (I think) 3070 gpus had issues. In my case the 470 driver knocked the hashrate on my evga 3080 ti XC3 down to 73mh (now running 81-83). But had no effect on my evga 3080 ti FTW3, or my 1660,3060s,3060ti, or 3070tis. But all are now on 495.44.

btw, I’m using 10 year old msi z97 motherboards and 1 to 4 splitters. And I’m a 2 month old noob, so grain of salt with anything I say…

Update:

Looks like it was the MB. I bought a MSI b450 and swapped out the 570 and now it works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.