More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can't get RX Vega 64 to work with HiveOS (51 MH/s in phoenix using Windows)

Hey,
My Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ works stable with around 51 MH/s using PhoenixMiner 5.5c under Windows 10.
GPU: 1175 MHz with 900 mV
VRAM: 1100 MHz with 900 mV
Timings: --cl 22 --ras 35 --rcdwr 12 --rc 44 --rrds 3 --faw 20 --ref 17550 --rfc 247

Using HiveOS i can’t get it to work. No matter what I try I always get error messages instantly after loading DAG.

Any ideas?

I have same problem with vega 56 , hive os , pheonix miner. I use now teamredminer is working .

1 Like

I have same problem with ASUS Vega 64, it wont work on Phoenix, NBminer or Teamredminer. Try Lolminer it works on it. Buy when I apply the memtweak to the vega GPU 0 dies. I don’t know why. Still trying to figure it out.

I found that teamredminer works forma Vega 64 alone but not for my other cards.
At the moment I am trying to get lolminer to work. It looks promising so far but I am getting a maximum of 42 MH/s for the Vega 64 as I cant get higher than 950 Mhz for the MEM.

When you apply your timings via amdmemtweak make sure you stop the miner before you do so. That worked for me.

Try the memtyweak in this thread, Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w .
you mighht have a better result than me. I got up to 48 MH with this tweak on Asus vega 64 flashed to 54 but when i apply it GPU 0 dies!! Still looking into a fix.

Hi i have similar problem with vega 64
In windows card work perfectly but after boot in hiveos
Hiveos found vega 64 but card doesnt respond to any commands, and hive os write any other data such as temperature or consumation or fans

i tried to insert another Vbios or restart multiple times or put a card on another pcie but nothing helped

is it possible to install aother driver or does anyone have experience on what driver and what version of linux does the card work for you please?

if the card mined in any way or at least matched it , i would have handled it but here i have no idea what i can do wrong when on other pc where windows works ok(another card runs fine on hiveos).

1 Like

facing same issue here, it says : failed to read reg:xxxx
wish i can find a solution here, maybe its the driver or the MB bios settings, don’t know

up, same issue with mine.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.