More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Card recognized but will not mine, 6700xt

I need to move a card to my other rig due to space after buying another card. It is working/mining on two different windows machines but when I try to put it on my hive based machine it will see the card as a 6700xt, with x’s for the serial number and no temp/fan/voltage info, and wont try to mine. I have tried adding it in addition to the existing cards already on there and also replacing a working card (riser, power connectors, mobo slot etc) so I believe its software based not hardware

I am using pheonix miner set to latest version, os version 0.6-213@220107
TB250-BTC PRO BIOSTAR Group (5.12 06/07/2017)
4 × Intel(R) Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz AES
Disk Model ATA SPCC Solid State 256GB, ATA WDC WDS120G1G0A- 120GB
System type linux Kernel 5.4.0-hiveos #99

I’m a beginner linux/hive user so I don’t know if people need more info to diagnose? I also setup this system right as the 6700’s were being released, so I don’t know if there is something that running the update command didn’t catch that might keep it from working

Thanks for the help!

Try updating your base image, you can use hive-replace -s in shell, or remove the boot drive and flash the latest stable image from hives site

I will try that, for my knowledge how is that different from having it update?

Thank you- progress!

Now it will recognize the card and try to start mining, albeit unsuccessfully.

first I get an error for
gpu8 failed to compile program: clbuildprogram (-11)

then after a bit
gpu8: unable to prepare kernels:clCreatKernal (-46)
fatal error detected. Restarting

It will go on for a bit then then everything will restart.

I really have no idea where to go from here- I tried replacing a vega 64 with this card and also running both of them. I used to have two more cards on this system so I don’t think its a mobo combo thing.

Try using teamredminer or gminer instead

In case anyone is googling and needs to fix this I found a solution that is currently running (albeit a few hours in)

The issue seemed to be I needed to run a different cl kernel for it to run, not sure exactly why. I added this to the phoenix miner run commands

-clKernel 1,1,1,1,1,1,1, 0

the 6700xt is the 8th card:

-clKernel Type of OpenCL kernel: 0 - generic, 1 - optimized, 2 - alternative, 3 - turbo (1 is the default)

Hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

TRM or gminer are better miners for those cards btw.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.