More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Case fans! Auto fan

Hi all, first off thanks for taking the time to read into this.

I was having a look at the OCTOMINER and MINERDUDE cases and came across these images.

It seems they have found a way to link case fans speed to the max gpu fan speed.
I’m not sure how they did this but this would be a great feature to have!
Screen shots below, sort for the poor Rez, it’s the best image I could find.

It looks like they have a fan expansion card that handles it, but how was this intergraded into hive?
The cases ship with a pre loaded hive image so it’s clearly modified.

3 Likes

Hi, i’m looking for the same feature.
And yes they had a controler and modify hive OS.

If anyone find any kind of controler we can had and any github regarding some module to had to hive OS, it would be greatly appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
I’m also interested in this feature, I would like to control my PWM fans plugged on my mobo within HiveOS UI.
Does AutoFan also control this ? or only GPU’s fan

Thanks!

1 Like

Nothing new about this feature? :thinking:

All my rigs are powered with Corsair Hx1000i and to monitor real power usage i use liquidctl.

It should be interesting if this kind of features could be integrated in hiveos since with liquidctl you can control a lot of different hardware (pumps, fans, psu, rgb and a lot more)

I also can’t understand why chassis/case fan control is not built into the autofan settings?

With CPU mining it is nice for the CPU and for home miners that have fans plugged into the motherboard it would be really nice to not have to set them int he bios, it is a pain to access the bios on my boards as I have to disconnect all the cards to get it to show up.

I saw in some threads how to do it manually, seems like it would be fairly simply to use the existing autofan script and simply add another option.

It would also be really nice to be able to control GPU temperatures separately. For example 3080’s have to run a lot hotter then a 6600xt, it doesn’t make sense to have a single setting for all of them. Could simply have an option in the overclocks to use duty based or temp based fan control.

Thanks. I been using a sensors module (corsair-psu), but like the efficiency and input power values of liquidctl

Having the info added to hives would be great!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.