More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Complete noob here - Rig vs farm?

I believe I’m just a straight up idiot.

All the videos tell me to create a rig…

I only have the option(on the website) to make a farm…

Once I create a farm… I add a worker…

I would think the worker would be the rig… the videos refer to “Rigs” as being a selectable option…

I have no place to select rigs…

Farm - it’s a couple of workers
Worker - it’s GPU rig or whole device such as ASIC

1 Like

Ok, so I do want to have a farm…and then I want to add a worker.

The only reason why i’m confusing this is because all the setup videos literally show the word “rig” to add a rig…

I am not showing the word rig…

I can only add a worker to a farm.

I should add I’ve never used linux before… so while i’m sure I will figure this out… The first time is going to be an experience.

No linux knowledge need at this steps at all

It’s simple web interface and nothing more. It’s easy as 1, 2, 3

1 Like

So I have a flash drive with HIVEOS written onto it. In it there is the rig-config example…I am understanding that.

However, I also have "hive-.1-01-beta.exe

The flash drive I assume I would use that as a bootable OS…

Is there way to run hive within the windows mainframe(ex; if I click on Hive-.1-01-beta.exe…that will install on my computer…and then can I run it through windows?

right now i’m only working with one monitor, keyboard, mouse…

This is why It would be beneficial for me to run it through windows…but I dont know if that is a possibility.

This is what I dont get…I do not have this screen. I have a wallet… but it was just three lines…

I have none of this… It seems like these guys just hop right to this screen…I have never seen this screen before in my life and i’ve clicked everywher.e

Stop, stop, stop …

HiveOS has different clients for different platform
for Linux - it’s complete mining OS
for Windows - it’s HiveOS client
for ASICs - it’s client for ASIC devices

so hive-.1-01-beta.exe it’s BETA client for Windows

yeah for sure, I’ve got that… its installed…

I dont know how to setup the config file because I’ve got no idea where its located…

I dont know where the miners are…

when I click “add wallet”, it only gives me 3 lines… it doesnt let me pick a miner

The issue I think I’m having is that my screens dont follow any of these videos…

Did they recently change formats? I can follow the videos verbatim, step by step, no problem…

I am successful, I write the file to a USB drive… that’s rad.

And then all of the sudden these guys are clicking on “add rig” and setup wallet…I dont have these options so none of the videos make sense anymore… did they recently change the whole setup of this website?

It was wonderful if you showed screens that cause you misunderstanding.

1 Like