CPU Mining & High Load Average

Hi everybody this is my first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a dual miner rig, I previously only Gpu mined with it (6 x 3090’s) but I upgraded the CPU to a Ryzen 5 3600X with 16GB of DDR4-3200.

Since running XMRIG, I am getting high load averages in the ranges of 12-13. My GPU and CPU hash rate appears to be fine (123.5MH per GPU and 6900H/s CPU). Is this something I need to worry about? Is it normal to see a high LA when dual/CPU mining?

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
Are you running hiveos through usb stick? Maybe is this you problem…(usb sticks does not have the ability to read-write fast enough)

1 Like

I am!! Thanks so much! I will install an SSD and see how it goes.

I installed an SSD and unfortunately I still have the exact same problem. Any tips anyone?

post a picture with your settings… i have this problem with amd cards (hivos running from usb 3.0 ) and my solution is to change usb to ssd and turn the logs-off…

Ive left the arguments for XMRIG blank (auto). I need to work out how to decrease max CPU usage percentage with XMRIG. LA as far as I have read is strictly a CPU backlog, so I will try and work out how to lessen the load as its only just borderline triggering the LA alert.

Do you still have the high load average, I have a similar rig and once I started dual mining with CPU the load average is high, wasn’t sure if that was just normal

Hi there, yes the problem persists, I haven’t figured out how to sort it out but my guess is that I need to limit CPU utilisation, I just haven’t figured out how to as yet.

I have it feeling it doesn’t hurt anything, it basically is around 2 per core, I have a 6 core around 12 and an 8 core around 16 they have both been running almost a day without any problems and prior to that had them running on windows without any problems.

1 Like