More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

CPU mining one core N/A

Hi there,

i’m GPU mining for a while on my rig. And bought a AMD 5900X CPU. To mine raptoreum. This goes well, but one in a while (few times a day) i get one core to go to N/A state.

why does it do that? Using cpuminer-opt-gr v.1.2.4.1

if you did a full tune, cpuminer will use whatever amount of cores is fastest for that section of the algo rotation. this is normal.

Oke thanks! I did do a full tune. The strange thing is, i get a 2,7kh hashrate average overall ( 2 weeks uptime now). Why is it so low? CPU stays very cool at 44 degrees C. Looks like it should have more potential, but where to start? It has a B450-a Pro Max (cheapest i could find). And i really like the idea of using it as GPU and CPU mining rig. I now have a 5900x on it and messed around with some recommended settings in the bios. Got it @ 1.1v and 3800mhz. I’m using 23 of 24 theads in hiveOS. But have a average 2.7 KH/s. I think it could do more right? Using a single stick of DDR4 4GB value ram (2666mhz). Could that be the bottleneck?

You have it set to not use a thread then post asking why it’s not using one of the threads??

No you didn’t read

telling it to only use 23 out of 24 threads will make it not use a thread and show n/a, because you told it not to use it.

but yes, your bottleneck is your ram speed.

No no, look at the picture. I select 23 of 24 threads because 1 thread is needed for GPU mining. It shows 23 threads and 1 of those 23, SOMETIMES (for minutes a day) goes to N/A. But not all the time.

cpuminer will use whatever amount of cores is fastest for that section of the algo rotation. this is normal.

this could be it!.

Why is the RAM a bottleneck? Do i need 2 sticks? Or faster memory? On youtube everybody says RAM doesn’t affect hashingpower voor RTM.

Gpu mining doesn’t need an unused thread. Faster ram the better, dual channel is slightly better than single as well. I would go at least 3200c16, faster than that prices start to increase quickly.