More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Drivers Update

нет а как сделать кто подскажет

Обвление драйверов черз веб-панель то еще извращение

так лучше подскажи что делать

как исправить эту ошибку

there is no “amdgpu-pro-uninstall” on my current AMD driver folder neither in newly downloaded from http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/amdgpu-pro-18.30-641594-18.04.tar.xz
so how can i remove my current driver 17.5 and update it to 18.30?

Check instructions in README file - it says what you need to do prior to trying to uninstall the drivers… Here is also link to a post I wrote with a bit more details:

I found that just like the user @alizali quoted, there “amdgpu-pro-uninstall” isnt working even when the current driver is unpacked in the /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local. With further research it appears the amdgpu-pro-uninstall script is just a link back to the original “amdgpu-pro-install” placed in the /usr/bin/ directory. It seems as though when the contents of the /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local is deleted to save space, the link somehow gets corrupt and doesnt want to work.

To get it working again this is what i did:

1. unpacked the current driver version
  2. copied the content of the new unpacked file into /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local
  3. removed the original /usr/bin/amdgpu-pro-uninstall link “rm /usr/bin/amdgpu-pro-uninstall”
  4. back in the /hive-driver/pack/amdgpu-pro-XX.XX.XXXXXX directory, i ran the “amdgpu-pro-install” command but canceling the installation when apt wants to update packages etc.
  5. this recreates the broken link to amdgpu-pro-uninstall and allows the script to function again.
  6. to proceed with the uninstall process just run “/usr/bin/amdgpu-pro-uninstall” now.

Hope it helps

3 Likes

Hi,
can somebady write comands what i must to use for update AMD step by step, because i am new on linux
i tray all this comands but they not working

tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-XXXX.tar.xz
cd amdgpu-pro-XXXX
./amdgpu-pro-install -y
dpkg -l amdgpu-pro

I think i do something wrong , thanks for help

i upgraded the driver
but claymore says there is an error
see the attach

One important things missing at topic and mentioned by @plizio
AMD drivers for RX 4xx/5xx series should be installed as
amdgpu-install --opencl=legacy

1 Like

После обновления драйверов не работал разгон и autofan. Помогла команда apt-get install nvidia-settings

1 Like

Is the HIVE team monitoring driver updates for hashrate improvements? I prefer keeping old drivers if they’re stable, but also want to make sure I’m upgrading if there are hashrate/power saving benefits.

In short, when there’s a HIVEOS upgrade, does the HIVE team consider rolling out newer drivers?

Всем привет, а можно на русском инструкцию пошагово как обновить дрова к примеру на 18.10 для AMD? А то ума не хватает разобраться
И как предыдущие удалить?

hi all! first sorry my bad english, i start with this OS and love it but now that i update hiveos and nvidia drivers i keep getting this on t-rex or enemy miner ERROR: Can’t start miner, unable to get number of CUDA devices, is nvidia driver installed?

But i do install the driver! dont know what it is please help it pass 2 days now!

is there any reason why this cannot be done through VNC? I see the driver download start…vcn cuts out but that is understandable. Once I reboot however, HIVEOS does not show updated driver and miner still does not work.

Thoughts?

you can’t run update via VNC because it’s used GUI

ran shell in a box update and now working. Having issues with high load average now. Diagnosing

I tried to follow your instructions as I had the same issue; I couldn’t run the amdgpu-pro-uninstall command as HiveOS stated. Following your instructions worked, but I had to run amdgpu-pro-install from the /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local/amdgpu-pro-XXXXXXXX folder which I had unpacked. Thanks for the advice.

np, i just wished hiveos devs would’ve made it a little easier to upgrade AMD drivers just like how it is for the nvidias. glad to have helped.

1 Like

Thanks again. Although I could install the past version drivers, I was only able to mine with 16.40. My other rigs hash very well with 18.10 but they are unstable, they crash after a few hours of mining. I have played with OC templates and miner options, but they just hang on the miner screen. So that’s why I am trying previous versions of the AMDGPU-PRO drivers, like I said, 16.40 was the only version I could get to work - not even the latest 18.40 drivers work! BUUUUT, the 16.40 hash at 50% what the same rig will perform with 18.10 which is currently installed. Any ideas!? You’re right, HiveOS doesn’t make it easy. Ubuntu server is easier to change drivers …