More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Drivers Update

Greatings

I have you about the following problem that happened after updating the amd drivers following this video amd drivers update

hiveos is showing me the following message

no amd gpus found as /sys/class/drm/card /device/pp_table *

I checked system and the file/directory pp-table does not exist? Do you know how to get this table made and put into sys so cards will be recognized for HIVEOS to start hashing? It does say:

01:00.0 Radeon RX470 (, xxx-xxx-xxxx, Unknown Memory 0-0)
03:00.0 Radeon RX580 (, xxx-xxx-xxxx, Unknown Memory 0-0)
04:00.0 Radeon RX580 (, xxx-xxx-xxxx, Unknown Memory 0-0)
05:00.0 Radeon RX470 (, xxx-xxx-xxxx, Unknown Memory 0-0)
06:00.0 Radeon RX580 (, xxx-xxx-xxxx, Unknown Memory 0-0)

I do not know how to fix these thing!

no amd gpus found as /sys/class/drm/card*/device/pp_table :fearful:

Bartrix

1 Like

I would try reflashing HiveOS on the boot media.
On the fresh install if you still see unknown memory for all cards.
Then put the original BIOS back on. This can be caused by a BIOS mod.
Also can you provide more details about the system so we can provide better help

I updated the script to provide more update options so that might fix your issue

@bartrix If you need support with the script post here and check here for updates:

2 Likes

Greetings friend

grateful for your response, in effect I had to reflash the usb media and everything back to normal.

I will shortly try to update the drivers again

Thanks again for your contribution :v::v:

1 Like

this command doesnt work for me, all i have in the driver box is open cl. ive managed to install the driver i wanted and it saved in shell. on hive nothing, but when i enter this command of open cl is just says no such file or directory. any help or ideas???

:uk: New functionality of nvidia-driver-update

The updated nvidia-driver-update tool - it’s HiveOS’ ultimate tool to easily update Nvidia GPU drivers.
With HiveOS update 0.6-73 nvidia-driver-update tool got improved functionality and new command line options…

• driver versions (like 418.88 and 418) can be specified as a parameter.
  • checks driver package before installation and re-download if it is broken.
  • checks free space and removes old driver packages if necessary.
  • new option -l or --list to list all available driver versions.
  • new option -r or --remove removes all downloaded driver packages except installed.
  • new option -n or --nvs reinstalls nvidia-settings only
  • minor improvements to increase chance of successful installation.

1 Like

:ru: Новый функционал nvidia-driver-update

nvidia-driver-update - это мощная утилита в составе Hive OS для простого обновления видео драйвера Nvidia.
С обновлением 0.6-73 nvidia-driver-update утилита получила улучшенный функционал и новые опции командной строки.

• версия драйвера (например 418.88 или 418) может быть указана в качестве параметра.
  • проверка пакета драйверов перед установкой и перезакачает, если нарушена целостность файла.
  • производиться проверка наличие свободного места, удаление старых драйверов пакетов, если это необходимо.
  • новая опция -l or --list список доступных версий драйверов.
  • новая опция -r or --remove удалит все загруженные пакеты драйверов, кроме установленых.
  • новая опция -n or --nvs для переустановки только пакета nvidia-settings
  • другие улучшения, повышающие шанс успешной установки

1 Like

Hello, does the current AMD driver still not support the RX 5700XT GPU?

If we talking about hashrate then answer - No. Waiting fo next driver version for Linux

Thank you for your reply, I don’t know when AMD released the RX5700XT driver for Linux.

Latest HiveOS image contains AMD driver v19.20 which supported 5700 and 5700 XT but hashrate will disappointed you
With latest driver v19.30 not better … Unfortunately

I seem to have already written on this topic, I found this date on the site: Release Date: July 07th 2019

Found on this site? https://www.ixbt.com/news/2019/07/01/radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-xt.html

1 Like

The Linux driver has been updated yesterday. Don’t know if it helps?

We already working with it. Not ideal but better then previous )

I often get errors when updating GPU drivers. For me, its easier to get the latest drivers from hiveos. Takes about 2-3 minutes with SSD. Probably longer with USB.

Login with SSH or “Hive shell start” and update to latest GPU drivers with the command:
hive-replace -y http://download.hiveos.farm/[email protected]
(find the URL to newest release here: http://download.hiveos.farm/)

To be clear, this does not only update the drivers but reinstalls the whole OS, with “almost” latest drivers included.

And a last tip for everyone with issues. Remove all overclocking and start overclocking after you have a stable and working system.

1 Like

Seems someone wants get max post counts by one post by copy-pasting it everywhere in forum :grin:

@HaloGenius that single thing “reinstalling” everything has saved me many hours of work… so i just want to help more people. I think i put same tip in 5 threads. Hope i havent ruined your day :wink:

The AMD 19.30-934563 driver is currently updated to work, but it is not possible to overclock and detect temperature.

from notes for PhoenixMiner v4.8b release

About the AMD Linux drivers 19.30-934563:

These drivers finally fix the RX5700 TLB problem but they are not perfect:

• Most of the hardware monitoring options don’t work for RX5700 cards - even the temperature is not reported correctly. Only the power usage, fan speed, and core voltage are reported.
  • Almost all hardware control options don’t work for RX5700 cards either with the notable exception of power limit, so the only way to avoid wasting power is to use -powlim -45 or something like this. The fan control options doesn’t work either so you will be relying on auto-fan.
1 Like

any update on these my rx 5700 xfx doesnt mine ?