Dual mining eth and xmr

Hi there. I am new to mining and hiveos so bear with me. I’ve setup my rig for gpu-eth and CPU-xmr monero. So i got lost here, as i can see that GPU is mining eth but what about CPU? Is my share converted to eth? Or will it reach my xmr wallet at some point?

1 Like

So, I assume you set up Hive to use your GPUs for mining Eth and your CPU to mine XMR (I tried this and found that my GPU rig slowed down, and I was loosing money making ETH to mine $0.30 of XMR - not worth it, so you should collect data yourself). You should check the XMR pool (typically using your XMR receive wallet address) to monitor progress. In my experience XMR takes awhile to mine on normal GPUs.

Hive does not auto-convert your XMR to ETH or anything like that.

Well my GPU Reach 40.05mh/s (just one for now) with xmr working its pretty much the same 40.03. but thanks anyway for clarification. Od you have aby tips feel free to send me priv msg. RX 5600 XT on Phoenix mine.

I don’t have any 5600s, so I can’t answer you directly. I would look over at Igor’s Lab (https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/page-83#posts) and follow the GPUMining reddit.

The Igor’s Lab links to a discussion on the 5700, but maybe you can start a new thread there for the 5600…

Hello Guys. I am just putting my first rig together when I came up with the idea that I would try dual mining too. Since I set for dual my rig turns off so often. I have 16 gb ram, MB aus b250 mining expert. GPU;s bios has not been modded yet as you can see. My CPU is i7700k. Is there any specific MB Bios setting will help me to mine on CPU as well or where would I find the issue? My rig is perfectly stable for days at least if I do not mine MONERO at the same time. I am really looking for some guidance! :slight_smile: