More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Dusting off some AMD R9 290s and I need help...big time

So I’m bringing some of my old GPUs back from the dead. It’s been about 3 years or so since I had them running. I did a little research and read that these cards worked well with HiveOS and Phoenix Miner. I went ahead and installed those and fired the AMD puppies up. To my dismay, I’m not getting anywhere near the hash rate I used to AND I’m now getting some fun errors. Since it’s been so long, I’ve forgotten a lot and am pretty much back to newbie miner status. I’m only getting like 3MH on the first card and that’s it. Yup, my 4 GPU set up is only spitting out 3MH on my first GPU slot. I don’t quite know the right overlcock settings and I’m getting both GPU fault 147 and 146 errors. I’m a mess basically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attaching screenshot if it helps…

IMG_1795

Start with one card. Don’t just fire up four cards and think it’s going to work perfectly.

You could have a bad riser… or a bad card… or a bad USB cable… or a weak PSU.

Start slow. Work your way up to 4 cards, testing each one until you get to full capacity.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.