More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Earnings down 50% since last week?

My mines are also half the rates they were a week ago.

1 Like

Which miner are you using on hiveos? I run ethminer, will try some other to see if it makes a difference.

I am running trex -

sorry I should have been clear I am hashing at the same rate just getting half the revenue

I use ethminer on ethminer.org for the nVidia cards and TRM for AMDs.

Are you using TRM / AMD on ethminer.org also?

Guys it doesn’t depend of your rig or GPU or miner or Pool. It dropped for everyone.

8 Likes

Can’t wait for London and EIP 1559… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What does it depend on then? Will it get back qhere it was a week ago?

I was reading about this, loads of stuff that i dont understand, flashbot messing on ethereum blockchain grapping shares and selling them with profit, it was huge amount of eth that is “on hold” by these bots in the “dark forest” :sweat_smile: …yeah i know dark forest wtf, its actually a legit term that they use about a storage in blockchain…allso, in the markets, there is comming new eth asic miners…there might army of them allready online by manufacturer, wouldn´t be the first time this would happen with asic´s…Btc…so they are eating up the shares. I really dont have the answer to this one, just some crumbles of info i came across. If there is anyone with actuall knowledge about why eth block difficulty is sky high, please share the info. Would be nice to know what is actuallu going on and what to expect in the near future :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am also trying to understand what has happened since the weekend here. the difficulty is in absurd value but if someone has a more technical knowledge of what is happening I would also like to read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yea… time is come to start looking new coin for mining) Any ideas? lol

1 Like

I live in China and this maybe some bad news. Just these last two weeks there are mass amounts of cards going for 2000 USD and up. As usual china managed to hoard the supply and as usual they are willing to pay crazy prices in a hype. Huaqianbei in Shenzhen is like the small piece electronics market of the world is in a crazy state atm. Like walmart and best buy black Friday style. If they had open media here this would be all over the news but of course its not. So likely its a zerg of chinese farms swooping in.

2 Likes

Is this something that will remain as is or is possible to revert to previous state?

Well they also cut earnings by 18% too. I think its lower fees and China zerg. Fees will continue to get lower and big cut is happening in July too.

1 Like

What is the reason it dropped? It’s because the difficulty?

How big? Any info on it?

This is not cool - I thought I was having a bad dream when I looked at my earning, but then I realized what happened and that it is actually true…more hash power since last week (added a card) , and less earnings…

1 Like

but is anyone able to detect what is going on? is that I don’t see many people talking about it.

I too noticed this.

i had 3000 MH on my farm. last week i had days where i earned 0.18 ETH in a 24 hour period. I believe they were saying there was some “power outage” in china. And now suddenly this surge in difficulty. I think the drop in china hash rate was them taking rigs offline, to replace with ASIC rigs. because when they all came back online, they were much better. The week before and for months before, I was averaging maybe 0.10-0.12 ETH per day… last week was way higher than normal, and now this week is FAR LESS… this week daily I am averaging only 0.08 ETH per 24 hours with my 3000MH… very sad…

the EIP1559 hasn’t even hit yet… i expect the reward to drop 40% with EIP 1559 : because no more fee rewards, only the block rewards or maybe the MEV also…

I am selling off my cards NOW because of this… i cannot handle the fast drop AGAIN… PLUS EIP1559… in a little while, you wont be able to sell the cards for as much…

and then i hope to buy a ton of cards back in early august AFTER 1559 hits… when the market is saturated with CHEAP 5700xt’s… imagine being able to buy a 5700XT for $200… its coming…

4 Likes

I switched from etherminer to T-rex a couple of days ago. The hashrate went up around 10MHz on every 8-card nvidia rig I have. I also got rid of invalid and stale shares. It has been running so stable that it’s almost boring. :smile:

1 Like