More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Ergo / Autolykos now available on Nicehash

There are times, yes. But its not worth switching back and forth, every 2 days or less.
If you want hold Ergo. Just buy it outright, for the most part its not worth the wattage.
When Eth 2.0 comes then its Raven and Erg all day long.
I think poeple just like to mine other coins just because they can, to each their own i guess. Im in it for the most profits, Etherium is it for now.

Itā€™s not worth switching around, which is why I mine Erg on NiceHash. Boom, now you understand.

If you are really into the profits then switching around is no issue. Post Eth, difficulty and profitability will be constantly in flux, so you better get used to it.

So mine Nicehash Ethash for BTC, for the most profits. There is no point in mining Autolykos on Nicehash, unless you just feel like making less money.
Switching back and forth IS an issue, its down time and it also screws up ur average hasrates in the pool.

For my hashrates as of right now its 5$ less a day than Eth. Thats $150 a month.

To each their own i guess.

Ah now I see where youā€™re getting it wrong. To be fair most people make this mistake also. If you are just putting in your overall hashrate you wonā€™t get the full picture.

Different GPUs perform differently on other algorithms. Which means profitability is different. You should try different models of GPU individually, and adjust hashrates to proper levels, to see what profitbability really looks like. eg. 5700s bring ERG profit way down, RTX30 and Vega push ERG profit up.

If you have Vegas and you are mining ETH right now you are certainly losing.

1 Like

Really? LOL
Plug in what gpus you have into Whattomine.com, (not hash rate)That gives you a baseline of your profits across all Algorithms at default overclocks
Even after you overclock all ur Gpus ,99.9% of ALL the Gpus give the same hash-rates, in that model/series of GPU, unless ur shit is broken.
Dont tell me you havent heard of whattomine.com?
Tell me what you have for GPUs and ill let you know whats more profitable

Iā€™ve mentioned Vegas several times now yet you havenā€™t asked about them at all. You must not be a curious person.

Just stick to ETH man, leave this ERG stuff to the pros.

Go ahead, Keep making less moneyā€¦lol

My calculator says Iā€™m making more. /shrug

I agree with Hotness, I often change algos between ETH and ERG for my AMD rigs.

During the day the rigs often get very hot with the climate here during the summer season, and running on a cooler algo such as Ergo allows my rigs to continue running rather than on ETH having to shutdown.

Everyone has their reasons why they ā€œchangeā€ their rigs to mine on different algos, why so opinionated? its not your investment to make the choice?

contribution factors to make a choice to mine alternate algosā€¦

1. mining difficulty
  2. price fluctuation
  3. speculation for a future market price of the coin
  4. climate conditions
  5. freedom of choice and that is their right!
  6. etc etcā€¦

The best advice anyone can give is Mine for the most profits, thats why we are here.
Whatever pays the most, im gonna mine it. Hot or cold.

Right now Vegas are earning more on Nicehash Ergo than direct mining. Luckily I was already doing that.

FYI an RTX 3070 should get about 170 mhs on ERG. Next time you play what WTT use that figure.

I use the figures ive actually gotten.
165 MH at 110 watts for each 3070 on Ergo
Etherium still wins

This is beginning to get frustratingā€¦ put Vegas into WTT.

You can tune your 3070 better.

Thats the best ive seen. Show me better

Put Vega56 into WhatToMine with 53 ethash and 180 autolykos.
Tell me what you see. Tell me in vivid detail.

1 Like

Thanks for the info in the original post. I have two Vega 56s and would like to be paid in BTC. Is there are a way to bypass the NiceHash cut though, to mine Ergo with HiveOS but be paid in BTC? Or would I have to convert?

Looks like HiveOS has added the NiceHash/autolykos drop down by the way.

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the NiceHash cut, since NiceHash are the ones actually paying you in BTC.

On the plus side, fees to transfer out of NH are super low.
On the negative side, NH payouts for ERG became erratic so I swapped to direct mining a month ago.

Thanks for the update on the coin drop-down.

Yeah thatā€™s what I figured. I switched over to being paid in BTC and so far it seems to work fine. Def is making a little less but I guess thatā€™s better than having to exchange. How erratic was it? Maybe I ought to direct mine and just exchange some.

@hotness - quick question. I noticed my ā€œaccepted speedā€ over last 6 hours is around 300 mh/s while on HiveOS itā€™s showing the usual 373 that Iā€™ve been getting with the Vegas on Ergo. Were you having issues with that being much lower? Thanka

Accepted speed varies alot on NiceHash, but it should end up close to WhatToMine. I found payouts were slightly higher during US business hours.

Regarding my issues: pay rate would drop to half or less for about 1 hour a day, then when it got really bad I was getting 1/3 of payrate for 6 hours. Normally I check more often but I got caught out that time.
It may have improved since then though.