More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Error message on boot; ERROR: Can't start miner, unable to get number of CUDA devices, is nvidia driver installed?

Hi, I just re-installed hiveos on a usb, inserted all the info. from my account which i already have setup with all the infos, into the rig.conf file on the usb and rebooted the OS.
First message on boot was there is no driver installed for nvidia. installed the most recent *440 and did a reboot.

Now on the reboot i’m getting this message when i start the miner;

"Skipping miner log rotation due to execution time < 30sec

20200806 19:21:55 ERROR: Can’t start miner, unable to get number of CUDA devices, is nvidia driver installed?
20200806 19:21:56 T-Rex finished

t-rex exited, waiting to cooldown a bit

Also when i input the command; nvidia-smi , it says there is no nvidia driver installed.

I’ve also tried purging everything nvidia and reinstalling the nvidia driver that way, and still nothing shows up under nvidia-smi

And when i try to mine, it says; “Detected 1 NVIDIA cards
No cards available for OC!
Please check BIOS settings, risers, connectors and PSU.
Try to update Nvidia drivers.
ERROR: NVIDIA OC failed”

I need help with this please

Hi, I had the same problem. I installed new Nvidia drivers version 455 and miner normal start.

This is my command: nvidia-driver-update 455

I’m having a similar issue except its with any miner that I try, I tried updating the Nvidia driver to the most current version and no dice and then I also tried downgrading it to the stable version still getting the error message, also I updated Hive OS to the most current update, i’m new to Linux new to mining and my first rig is an old PC with two nvidia msi 1060 6g gig cards, hive is recognizing the cards, temperature, and fan speed, but not hashing and cannot connect to any miner I select in my flight sheet, I’ve tried it with over clock settings and without over clock settings checked Internet connection, also I’m using a brand new solid state drive that I etched hive OS onto. i’m able to connect to the rig and see both GPUs and motherboard and cpu it just will not launch any miner it crashes almost immediately after launching exits then throws an error code and says cooling down for a bit , hive OS seems to be booting 100% perfect, it’s only when it launches my flight sheet to any miner it immediately Says that it’s exiting with an error code 0 or 1 and Cuda error than cooling down for a bit with error codes and asking me if I have Nvidia drivers installed or check my hardware, i’m thinking it has to do with the Nvidia drivers only because it displays all of my hardware perfectly when I look at on my dashboard I can’t seem to figure it out and can use some direction and help thanks………. Edit I was able to fix it by downloading an older version of Nvidia driver as I suspected I just went through each single driver one by one until I found one that worked mine happened to be 460.9 1.03 thanks and happy mining