More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ERROR: Worker not found

Hello everyone, I’ve been mining on HiveOS for a few months now and all of a sudden today I got an error message on all 3 mining rigs saying ERROR: Worker not found. I tried doing the #firstrun command and it said incorrect id or password but I’m 10000% sure they’re both right since I have a screenshot and it’s also how I did it few months ago. Did HiveOS delete my rig? do i have to reflash the SSD? has anyone had this issue before? or knows what I can try?

I’ve been running my mine for a while now and just today I had the exact same issue. Any update on this?

I also ran the agent and this is what it says (pic below).

Thanks for any help!

Greetings to everyone.

Same issue here after a power loss. I tried to create a new usb drive but it doesnt work. Looks like if the username or rig id and password didn´t match.

I have a backup pendrive so y booted with the copy of the working OS. If i create a new one i cant start mining, miner does not start.

Can somebody help me?

OS installed and working: 0.6-213@211223
OS upgrade I try to install: 0.6-213@211227 (doesnt work, wont update)
OS i can create with a pendrive: 0.6-212@211201

Thank you.

Note: Check Status Page to see if you are in outage area:
https://status.hiveos.farm

Follow the tree from:
Hive web dash board to:

• Farm
  • Worker
  • Settings Tab
  • rig.conf (download this and place it in the correct portion)

Reboot.

Assuming it gets into HiveOS, but does not connect, you can:

• create a new rig in Hive OS
  • use the first run command to hand enter the Rig ID and password on a direct attached monitor, and keyboard.

etc.

ok.

The first try was paste rig.conf.
I tried everything I know,… but i know not a lot about HIVEOS.

I cant get the main console screen where you see the GPU and its temps, hashrate, model,… … …

But if I type “miner” i see the miner working, i see it into hive web console too. I have changed the api web address and does not work. Can be possible after a power loss something was corrupted in the flash drive then changed something on hiveos cloud database?

Why I can change the worker password for example?

And the last question (by now): if I create a new rig, i was mining in flexpool, do i lost any statistics or $$$ by creating a new rig?

Maybe my mistake was upgrade HiveOs by web console and now i cant flash a pendrive wich the same version. Maybe the OS version does not match and the errors start there.

Thanks again.

You have a lot in that post… (note: there are some API issues due to work on the system right now)

Not sure when you started all these efforts, but Flex had a Denial of Service attack yesterday which made everything fairly wonky yesterday 20+ hours ago.

If you see the miner working, great.
If you see the results showing up on your pools wallet address, greater.
If you can get into the Shell/Shellinabox/SSH, you should be able to switch back to the main prompt by following the commands “ctrl+a d”

Enter helpme at that prompt and it should look familiar to you.

Yes… i mean… when i flash a new usb flash memory i cant do a sh.-i.t because the “worker not found” wont let the OS continue with the first load i think.

Then: i can do almost, except to upgrade OS version, change password of the rig, and i dont know if there is a bug in the rig config (hive), or if was something that started when the power gone and back.

Now i mining with a copy of the old usb flash. Im worry if i have to create another flash usb unit and then never start mining again.

I think the solution will be to create a new worker, deletting this one. By doing this:

• The wallet and flighsheets settings will be ok? It was worker related or farm related? As i can see (maybe im wrong) those data are part of the farm and not the worker. So if I create a new worker I will do not loose anything, thats correct?

Thank you again, and forgive me by asking a lot.

Not right now.

If you have a drive working and it is mining as confirmed in the miner interface and on your pool, use it.

It is problematic creating new workers when the API system is being serviced.

Again, mining to your wallet is what want. Regardless of what the Web/Mobile app API is telling you or not.

Missed this one: mining efforts prior to payout thresholds are tied to the wallet used. They’ll be there regardless of the miner(s) coming and going.

This is happening with me as well weird it happened today maybe a crash? are you located in the midwest of the U.S?
I am not suer what to do? Do i loose my pending ETH if i run a different worker.

Lots of things going on the last 24hrs. You’ll have to be really clear with details related to what is going on and what you are attempting to do about it.

General rule before doing anything:

• Check your pool wallet for shares being submitted by your rig.
  • Check your rig’s miner interface.

Im too far away from the U.S., im from Argentina,… (Maradona, Messi) and thats all you need to have a refer of my country :slight_smile:

I detected this when the electric power gone, so rig was turned off violently. But many times I turned it off from the power supply to test the auto start and never have an issue.

Now i will left all like it is and i will see whats up in the next days.

Strange issue. I hope not loose the “good” flash usb memory to keep minning.

Thank you !

Hi,

I had the same issue and solve it out changing rig.conf and keeping only farm hash. You can find it at workers setting. I rebooted the system and next time workers work well.

FARM_HASH=“XXXXXXX”

Thanks

I got the same problem; got the same error but the miner seems like to work. I checked my rig.conf, the API_HOST_URLs=“http://api.hiveos.farm http://paris.hiveos.farm”, which is offline at the moment. I hope all will be good again once its up. Fingers crossed…

I have the same issue

Could you please tell me how to resolve? Miner is working and shows online but when connected directly to the rig hiveos shows that worker is offline

Thanks

I have multiple rigs running on HiveOS but first time I am experiencing this error.

Formatted and made a fresh install but still “worker not found”.

Rig ID and password is not working.

I am in Western Canada, anybody else experiencing this?

1 Like

Hello everyone, I had the same problem, it appeared on the monitor (ERROR: worker not found), I could solve it by replacing the rig.conf file on the USB as it is done at the beginning of the whole process, you must replace it with the same file, I had saved a copy of my original file, I had it compressed in a rar file, I unzipped, replaced and voila, rebooted and did the process again to enter mining and it worked. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hola a todos yo tenia el mismo problema, me aparecía en el monitor (ERROR: worker not found) , yo lo pude solucionar remplazando el archivo rig.conf en la USB como se hace al principio de todo el proceso, debes remplazarlo por el mismo archivo, yo había guardado una copia de mi archivo original, la tenia comprimida en archivo rar, descomprimí, remplace y listo, reinicie y volvi a hacer el proceso para entrar a minar y funciono.

I’ve asked for support and they said that :warning:" API and web interface availability issues."
My mining rig is offline and they said they are working on this matter but it may take up to 24 h.
Really bad!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I had the same problem, it appeared on the monitor (ERROR: worker not found), I could solve it by replacing the rig.conf file on the USB as it is done at the beginning of the whole process, you must replace it with the same file, I had saved a copy of my original file, I had it compressed in a rar file, I unzipped, replaced and voila, rebooted and did the process again to enter mining and it worked. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hola a todos yo tenia el mismo problema, me aparecía en el monitor (ERROR: worker not found) , yo lo pude solucionar remplazando el archivo rig.conf en la USB como se hace al principio de todo el proceso, debes remplazarlo por el mismo archivo, yo había guardado una copia de mi archivo original, la tenia comprimida en archivo rar, descomprimí, remplace y listo, reinicie y volvi a hacer el proceso para entrar a minar y funciono.

I have the same issue, I set 2 GPUs more, but system is not detecting it. Worker not found, also I am not able to set new OC on my rig.