More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Eu-eth.hiveon.net problems

During the last 5 days or so, I noticed a huge bump in my Stale Shares, from around 1% to above 3%. I have 5 different rigs located in different areas, all with the same problem so I started thinking it can’t be my network. The only common thing between all these rigs was HiveOn pool.
Checking my miner’s logs I could see some shares being submitted at abnormally high pings, as you can see below. My average ping to the pool is 74-75ms, but I was getting shares submitted in 200ms or even 1800ms.

So, I started some tests with stratum ping tools and found out that there is a problem with HiveOn pool, at least in the EU. Not only I had spikes in the ping reaching the 500ms+ latency, I also had packet losses. Here’s is an example of today’s situation:

Since yesterday, I have moved 3 out of 5 rigs to a new pool. Guess what, stale shares is back to 1%, actually it’s 0.83% in the new pool. My remaining 2 rigs on HiveOn pool, still suffer the high amount of stale shares, it’s even rising and almost at 3.5% now.

Please, devs and mods, fix your servers so I can come back and use your pool that I learned to love.

Thanks!

I’ve had the same issue the last few days. I do like the hiveon pool but I’ve been going some profitability comparison tests over on Sparkpool. Where did you point your rigs at out of interest?

I took the time to test different pools with stratum pings (there’s a tool specific for that) for a few hours before switching my rigs. I chose the pool with the lowest ping, which was flexpool in my case.

IMHO, this is ultimately the biggest factor one should consider when choosing a pool. The differences otherwise are negligible, and you can’t really factor profitability when there’s so much variation each day (even in the same pool).

Pick some pools you like (4-5 of them that you like their interface and features, payout scheme etc) and then do some extensive stratum pings. Go with with lowest one and you are gucci.

This topic was automatically closed 185 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.