More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID GAMING - Can't leverage in Hive

Feeling defeated.

I’ve discovered how confusing the naming can be for this card because of so many variations that are nearly identical in name.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Gaming - Specs

So I have this card that I purchased SH, but I’m struggling to get it functional in hive. I have it in a test rig right now but it will not play nice.

I can’t set power limit, or any core or memory values. - it has a physical Bios switch currently set to “slave”, but seemingly similiar issues with “Master”.

It hashes at about 32-33 MH/s - which seems well below it’s paygrade for 1080 Tis and with no ability to control the fan gets upwards of 80 before I shut it down (important to note that the radiator fan connects to the Mobo and is set at 100% via BIOS) the embedded card fan seems to be the issue.

If I boot into windows, I can use EVGA Precision software to change PL and Fan speed. However the hash rate remains mostly the same. Can’t seem to break 34 MH/s.

I’ve tried Phoenix and T-Rex miner with both “straps 2” and “mt: 3” respectively with no increase in hashrate.

HiveOS’s Eth Pill option doesn’t seem to have an effect (even with -20 delay as I’ve seen recommended)

Hive reports the following error message when attempting to apply even modest overclocks or fan speed.

Detected 1 NVIDIA cards

GPU BUS ID : 01
CLOCK : 100
MEM :
PLIMIT :
FAN : 80

=== GPU 0, 01:00.0 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11156 MB, PL: 0 W, 0 W, 0 W === 21:25:07
SET CLOCKS: 0 MHz
(exitcode=3)
Max Perf mode: 3 (auto)
Attribute ‘GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset’ was already set to 0
ERROR: Error assigning value 80 to attribute ‘GPUTargetFanSpeed’
(PurpleRig:0[fan:0]) as specified in assignment
‘[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=80’ (Unknown Error).
ERROR: Error assigning value 100 to attribute ‘GPUGraphicsClockOffset’
(PurpleRig:0[gpu:0]) as specified in assignment
‘[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100’ (Unknown Error).
Attribute ‘GPUFanControlState’ (PurpleRig:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 1.

Is this a card bios issue? I’m running out of ways to troubleshoot or remedy the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.