More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

File system read-only on M.2 SSD after Reflash from USB

Newbie trying to get rigs running. Rig stopped mining after upgrade, so I tried to reflash M.2 SSD from USB, the same USB I used to setup the rig originally. After flash and reboot, I get error message: “>Filesystem is read-only, rebooting” below is log of detail.

version 0.6-203@210403

Can anyone see from this what the issue is? Any suggested next actions?

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=4009432k,nr_inodes=1002358,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=806392k,mode=755)
/dev/nvme0n1p4 on / type ext4 (ro,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=120)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=25,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=2783)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
sunrpc on /run/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var/tmp type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,noatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /var/log/apt type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
tmpfs on /var/log/journal type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/nvme0n1p1 on /hive-config type fuseblk (rw,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=102400k)

I ended up reformating SSD on another pc that had a m.2 slot. Running Rig on USB again, but was still having trouble getting it mining.

What i did notice is that I’ve never had a successful upgrade to latest version on two different rigs and data from hardware was not updating in dashboard. I decided to switch to gminer to see if lolminer was not playing well with hiveon pool and I think that was some of the issue. Some of the issue is also Hiveos dashboard not staying in sync with whats happening on hardware and this seems to be a platform caching issue, too much stale cache hanging around. I did run command “apt update” before running the upgrade again, this time the upgrade worked and my cards all started mining on Rig1 (AMD rig).

I can give a little help here first you need to reboot but of course you already did it secondly you need to reflash if reflash still dont work you can buy some new flashdisk one

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.