Getting error: Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expecting 0xaa55, got 0xffff

SO I got 8x Sapphire nitro rx 580. Up to 4x, the OS boots alright. But when I add 5th or more, I am getting this erorr. Waited even 2-3 hours, but it did not load to hiveOS. Any insight on this? I got version 5.25 . Tried to upgrade to 5.30 but still waiting it to finish.

I am getting this with 6 x MSI RX580 4GB that have been flashed. Have your cards been BIOS modded? I’m wondering if that is the cause of the issue.

Yes They are bios modded.

I bet that’s what it is then. Mine are modded as well.

Well, I just flipped the bios switch and still having the same error.

I figured it out. You are gonna owe me big :slight_smile:

type below command in the command line
vi /etc/default/grub

find the line with “#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT”. Remove the # sign and save it.
before you can delete the # character, you need to type instert. Then once you removed it, press esc, then type :wq!

add your additional cards and reboot. You are in!

@TurKFX
How do you do this? “add your additional cards”

[quote=“Redzter;1424”]@TurKFX
I figured it out. You are gonna owe me big :slight_smile:

type below command in the command line
vi /etc/default/grub

find the line with “#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT”. Remove the # sign and save it.
before you can delete the # character, you need to type instert. Then once you removed it, press esc, then type :wq!

add your additional cards and reboot. You are in![/quote]

i did this, but not resolved… any other idea?

I had this problem today while troubleshooting another problem. Turned out that I had connected a monitor to the VGA port on the mainboard which in turn caused the issue. After multiple hours of searching the Internet and re-flashing the HDD I found that it all worked properly once I disconnected that monitor. This may not fix it for everyone but wanted to share in case it helps someone.

Hello, this error, “0xaa55, got 0xffff)” is indeed due to the BIOS being modded as far as I know, my cards all throw it but it does not cause any issues, if I am not mistaken it is the GPU BIOS signature that has been changed due to the BIOS modding, as mentioned before ALL my rigs throw this and it causes 0 issues, just my input