More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Gigabyte Vega 64 oc/straps

The card crashing = an error message saying “GPU: detected DEAD”

The way I apply settings is that I undeploy flight sheet, change settings through the OC window, then reboot the rig, and then deploy flight sheet again.

For me, after deploying flight sheet, the card is detected as DEAD, and then the rig reboots automatically and the card is no longer recognized. Have to do aditional reboot so that the card is loaded, but it crashes again.

Won’t help mate. Any --REF value included in the straps will crash the card.

Can you share what MOBO do you have? Also are you using pcie splitter or something?

Actually i have a pretty similar rig like yours and i’ve just installed this giga vega 64 as my 7th card yesterday and i’m also facing with a problem that adding a 7th card to my rig was not that easy.

I’ve just experienced some similar random gpu dead errors recently when i tried some massive undervolting on my other cards as well.

I have ASRock H110 Pro Btc+, and I’m using a 1650W power supply with 16 PCIe outputs, so no need to use splitter. The three vegas in my rig have 2x single (non-split) PCIe cable connected to them, so the amount of power they are receiving is not a problem.

I have 4 VEGA´s, one of them is 64 with the BIOS from the 56 (GPU1).
I only have the GPU Dead issue with GPU5, I tried many OC settings but I dont know that the straps could be a problem?
My feeling are the straps not ok you get some invalid shares?

Hynix:
–CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 4 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

Samsung:
–CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

To those having troubles finding the right Straps or OC.
Follow this.
https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/vega-64-ultimate-guide-56-55-mhash-130w/36485

I see a waste when i see a vega 64 flashed to 56 only running between 45-50 megahash.

Mine runs stable. The Asus would throw some 1-2 invalids a day but i can live with that.

you’re losing at least 5-6 more megahashes.
Follow my guide.

1 Like

I have the same card and its complete garbage. It will mine ERG with no problems, but ETH it crashes all the time… Thanks for the heads up on the --REF strap as I couldn’t get the card to stay stable for more than 10 seconds and it was driving me nuts!

1 Like

You get any where with this? I have it at about 48MH … but like you can’t get --REF to work

The Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC is a really wierd card.

So I made some progress and am getting just over 50MH @ 170W ATW. Here’s what I did:

Used this BIOS:

Its the July 2019 version of the BIOS

Used these tweaks:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 17 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Used these OC:

Core: 1000
Core Volts: 800mV
Memory: 940
Aggressive Undervolting: On

I get this in Hive:

I measured 170W at the wall by measuring the rig with and with out the card inserted.

So while the software reports much higher than the other Vega cards I have it seems that the power ATW is very close to the other cards. It seems the software power reporting is closer to ATW than it is on other cards.

Also taking the memory above 940 was a no go for me. But maybe better tweaks can help there.

HTH!

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work for me. Perhaps you’re one of the few who won the silicon lottery. Mine craps itself anytime I throw --REF at it.

Well I actually faced the same issue. I also could not get --ref to work at all. But after I tried the BIOS in my post, I could.

There are many BIOS images for this card on TPU. Possibly this is one you didn’t try?

I will try, my BIOS version matches the one in your techpowerup link, but it might be a release from different date. Also, I noticed that you probably have your BIOS flip switch on a different position than on my card - even though you have the 113-D0500300-X06 bios, your card shows 113-EXT33736-001.

Could you please verify your link? Did you by any chance mean to send this one? VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp

Also, could you try to flip the switch to the other position to see if the setting works there as well (and make a screenshot of the BIOS version)? I don’t have my rig at home, so I can’t do that, sorry :frowning: )

Hello everyone,
I am attaching my configuration in case it can help you.
They are vega64 modified to vega 56.

I used this one, the one with the July 2019 build date so I guess its the final build for it before they stopped updates … maybe they realized how bad the previous versions are :rofl:

I Never realized there was a bios switch on this card!! I looked all over for it but couldn’t find it. I’ll have another look to see where it is and the position. That could be a clue.

Oh, hold on, there’s no switch, my bad. Got 5 different Vega cards in my rig and mismatched it.

I will try to flash that bios now and post the results when I’m done. Is the aggressive undervolting necessary too?

Unlucky :frowning: Tried to increase voltage to 820 as well, did not help, card still crashing on startup (had to turn off aggressive undervolt because otherwise my 580’s were crashing)

Try CORE @ 1100, VDD @ 835, MEM @ 847 Or CORE @ 1060, VDD @ 835, MEM @ 847
with the following strap .

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Extra Config in the flight sheet
–eth_config=B or --eth_config=B448 or you can just leave it empty to use defaults

yoou get a hashrate of approximately 46.3 Mh/s

don’t enable undervolting . Keep Voltage above VDD @ 830 for this Gigabyte card it’s a nightmare. Power is approx 171W

What are the straps you are using ???

You have them in the other thread just put.