More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU card is not starting on the rig ( AMD RX6600XT)

Hello guys, I have rig with 3 cards RX 6600 XT (with 3 fans each ) , I bought fourth one- RX 6600XT(with 2 fans).
I plugged the card directly to the motherboard and the power supply together with the other 3 cards.
Everything starts normally and after 2 mins all of the fans on the cards stop spinning.
I tried with second power supply more powerful , changed the slots , cards, everything and still doesn’t work …
The case is only when I put the card on the rig, all of the other card’s fans stopped(including that one).
At meantime I see the card on HiveOS…

Does anyone faced same issue ?

Post a screenshot of you HiveOS dashboard.

this is with the 2 cards + the new one which makes the issues. Says missing unit but when I got to the menu shows the parameters of the cards

We need to see the rig overview so we can see kernel you are on.

if some 6600xt are working its not a kernel issue

does the new card work by itself?

I ran only this card and it seems the issue might be with the card itself or I dont know.
The card somehow stop working after several minutes…
Here is a picture of HiveOS system …
I havent seen such a thing before.

Try a more conservative oc

So I’ve had this issue with my 6800 and HiveOS…
There are times when I restart my rig, the 6800 wont start at all. Multiple times I’ve took the card off the rig and connected it to my windows machine and it started right up. I have a mix of Nvidia and AMD cards (6700 x2 and 6800 x1). The only thing that fixed my issue was completely clearing my overclocks of all cards (from the overclocking tab) and connecting a screen to the 6800. If there is no screen connected to the 6800 it will not turn on when this happens. I have tried different PCIe slots, different power supply, different risers, and even connected it straight to the motherboard itself. I bought a small 7in lcd screen and connected it to the 6800, no issues since. If I disconnect the screen and restart the rig, with or without overclocks, it stays off.

Hopefully that helps you out!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.