More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU detected but not mining?

Hi , can someone help. This is my 1st time using hiveOS. 2 of my Nvidia gpu got detected but there is no stats and when i do nvidia-info , they doesnt appear. My 480 is detected with stats but does not mine when the miner start :confused:

1 Like

Lower the temp of those 580`s.
Thats first thing.
Is it not mining at all from the begining ?

yeah, those RX 580s temp has been lowered and doing 31-32m.

the rx480 was unknown memory at the beginning and then suddenly turned into ā€œSamsung K4ā€¦ā€ memory but yes, it didnā€™t do mining since the beginning.

I would check risers.
What Miner is it? did you set any tuning parameters ??

same issue here, do you have any solutions ? is it working in windows ?

Any solution? I have the same issue but the risers work with other cards; problem follows GPUs for me.

Same issue here. Replaced riser, updated driver, and changed bios settingā€¦Nothing worked.

It readsā€¦GP102 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]

Nope, still didnt solve the issue for some of my P106-100 but my gtx 1070 and some of my p106 are working fine when i switch to Window instead of hiveOS

I am having the same problem with my RX 6800 XT

For Big Navi cards, you need to have the Alpha version of Hive to get them to work. There are a couple of pre-requisites however:

(From HiveOS Discord https://discord.gg/nrsFcvbn)

1. Minimum 8GB RAM required.
  2. Voltage regulation is currently not supported. only CORE and MEM are adjustable as of yet.
  3. Mixing Nvidia GPUs with this build is currently NOT SUPPORTED. AMD only.

Alpha build: http://download5.hiveos.farm/test_images/hiveos-0.6-195-hiveos-next%40210202.img.xz

You can either download the build and flash it with i.e. balenaEtcher, or you can hive-replace an existing hive installation.

SSH in / Hive Shell and run the following;

hive-replace -y http://download5.hiveos.farm/test_images/hiveos-0.6-195-hiveos-next%40210202.img.xz

Or, you can wait until the Beta goes live, which I have heard is sometime in the next week.

For anyone else experiencing similar issues, this is typically a hardware related issue or a driver issue.

Make sure that you have latest stable Kernel, version, and drivers. You might have to try different nvidia drivers with nvidia-driver-update if itā€™s a nvidia card that isnā€™t showing up properly.

Make sure riser isnā€™t faulty, and that cables are seated properly. If it doesnā€™t work, try plugging directly into the motherboard if that is available.

1 Like

any idea what the cause may be? my 1080ti is doing this and doesnt work on my main pc, no info just zotac and card name, is it likely the card is dead? when attempting to mine, ā€˜could not start cuda engine, exception in [main, 712] no cuda capable device is detected. is nvidia driver installed?ā€™ shows.

Howdy, sorry for the delayed response. I am not super active on the forum, and spend most of my time on the Discord troubleshooting & answering questions.

This is likely due to having outdated Kernel version, an outdated Version OS, or not having recent Nvidia drivers.

Currently, the latest stable version of HiveOS is:
Kernel: 5.4.80
Version OS: 0.6-200

You can use either 455 or 460, depending on stability for your card. You can update via nvidia-driver-update 455. You can change 455 to 460 if needed. You can update to the latest Stable Kernel via hive-replace -y --stable, and upgrade to the latest Version OS via the web panel by clicking on the current version. If there is an upgrade available, it will be yellow.

1 Like

Having the same issues, my mining rig are all Zotac GTX 1060 6Gb mini, but when plugin on HiveOS, it has 2 card always detected as GP106[GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] and unable to start mining.

I tired to get the old / latest version of HiveOs / Nvidia driver install and reinstall, but end up still the same, that 2 GPU always in same state.

Could anyone give a help on this?

Hi bro did you find any solution ?

Hi
Have you found a solution. I have same problem

I also had this problem, the solution for me was a new power supply. The easiest way for me to check if it was a power issue is to unplug the original working gpus from the PSU and try only the new gpus, if they start mining you could have an issue with the PSU.
Another possibility is that you might need to go into advanced settings in the rigā€™s BIOS and Enable ā€œAbove 4G Decodingā€.

All the thing were full filled but cant mine. How should I do next?

1 Like

Update on Big Navi support

Big Navi (RX 6700, 6800, and 6900 & -XT variants) are supported on the latest Stable Kernel image. This is 5.4.0-hiveos #108. You can update via hive-replace -y --stable. Any of the pre-requisites previously mentioned does not apply.

As always, if you are experiencing issues, double check your Kernel version and make sure that your riser isnā€™t faulty. This applies to both new cards, and cards being detected improperly.

Make sure the riser isnā€™t faulty, and that cables are seated properly. If it doesnā€™t work, try plugging directly into the motherboard if that is available.

TL;DR- CHECK YOUR CABLES & HARDWARE.

I am having the same issues with my 3080. Can anyone please help?

I am experiencing this problem with an EVGA 1080Ti SC Black.

When I first installed this card, it displayed as GP106 [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]. I didnā€™t think much of it at the time since I was first assembling the rig. After some reboots and installing the rest of the cards, this card worked fine and was detected as normal.

Fast forward to yesterday and I am making some minor tweaks. My miner restarted, and has not picked up this card properly since. Can only get it to display as GP106.

I tried downgrading to the latest stable kernel, and tried NVIDIA drivers 455 & 460 as stated in posts above. Tried a new riser and even switched the card to a different power supply. Nothing. The problem is following the card.

Tonight, I will put the card into my gaming PC and see if it is hanging onto some weird OC setting. Otherwise Iā€™m not sure what to do.

1 Like