More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU driver error, no temps (Auto fan disabled)

Did you test it under Windows? I tested one of this card and seams to be working fine.

Just wondering if Strix BIOS is not a solution for this problem.

No my Strix BIOS has the same issue.

I just notice something, my working Suprim have 94.02.42.00.F7 and not working Suprim have newest one 94.02.42.00.F9, so I will change to Gaming mode and check how it is working.

This is definitely an issue with the latest HiveOS updateā€¦ Wonder what they screwd up this time.

2 Likes

What is bizarre I just exchange one of these 3 non-working RTX3080 to Rig with 3 working Suprim, and the card in this Rig card is working.

Just wondering did you try to downgrade HiveOS version?

Bullshit. Hive itself (not miners) not updated almost for month

Well this issue started for me after I updated the HiveOS. I hadnā€™t updated in month+ before so itā€™s definitely related to this.

OK, so do you remember what was last version worked correctly ?

But there is some issue regarding this problem, one rig ā€œacceptā€ the cards and working on, second one (similar hardware, same risers, same Power Supply) donā€™t.

I can downgrade HiveOS without problem so please tell me what version to test on my test rig.

At least in terms of overclocking, there is no term ā€œsame GPUā€. In overclocking mode, the GPU works above its factory specifications and each GPU becomes individual.
This topic is already long, but no one has attached a single screen with overclocking and a log of what was there at the time of the error. Some empty talk

1 Like

Im at work but as stated above, the error is: ā€œGPU3 driver error - no tempsā€.
The Error does not move with a specific card. Its all the time GPU3 for me.

Screen of oc settings of the rig i will post tomorrow. But for now im attaching the normal settings im using.

Powerlimit works fine. But when im changing memory clock the error comes.
Works:

Doesnt work (even if powerlimit is open):

When im home im posting detailed screensā€¦

Tried all sort of Drivers, same error. Switched Risersā€¦ Same Error.
Updated Hive same error. Bios Settings are fineā€¦
I tried 2 cards, 3 cards etc. (to see if a card has a fault) didnt changeā€¦

Thy for help :slight_smile: Hope this info can help a bit.
Greatings

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem. One rig with 4 3080ā€™s, 3x suprim and 1 tuf gaming. Sometimes it works fine for a day, sometimes for only a couple of hours. Itā€™s definetly not thermal throttling and iā€™ve upgraded the GPU drivers. Does anyone have a fix?

Im beginning to suspect it has nothing to do with the drivers :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if this is helpful at all as i am having the same issue sort of.

I am running a MSI GTX 1060 6GB (Samsung Memory) and i get these sorts of issues when i am tweaking the OC. It seems to be definitely related to the OC as i get errors "GPU driver, no temps but if i drop my overclock all the errors go way.

Mark

1 Like

Jeah thats exactly what im experiencing.
If im applying OCs its not working anymore. Even if its only slightly.

Running the Rig without OCs at the time. Works fine since 8 Daysā€¦
Sadly could not figure out the error. Even with one Card and OC its getting the same error.

Greatings
ReScUe

1 Like

There is a new driver update available that i see last night so will be installing and running some checks. Itā€™s now upgraded to 0.6-203@210512 so will now run some tests and see.

Mark.

1 Like

OK so here goes.

After having the issue myself multiple times that i think causes errors on certain overclock setting.

I change the OC i can then get an error and it could be for different things, once the error is there it does not matter what i change the setting too it wonā€™t work. What i found is once i receive any error then regardless what setting i change it will still error.

My Solution

First of all i always stop the minor before making the OC changes in the first place, if i then get an error i change the settings back to the previous setting that were ok (this will still error) I then go to the command line and just reboot the system ā€˜srebootā€™ once the system is back up all error are gone and working on previous OC, I can then change the OC till i find the best setting. Depending on your settings you may need to restart the card.

Also next time you get any error after making a config change, donā€™t change anything just carry out a reboot from the command prompt and see what state it is in when it reloads.

Hope that made sense and hope it helps.

Mark.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

I think it must be a bug in HiveOS. So when i get any errors after making changes to the OC i just carried out a re-boot via command prompt and it loads back up with the OC settings i just made with no errors.
Remember though if your OC is completely wrong then it wonā€™t work but if you are withing the right window of operation then the below should work.

1.Stop Minor
2. Change OC
3. If there are errors go straight to command prompt and do a re-boot ā€˜srebootā€™

Would be handy if you could try and let me know the outcome.

1 Like