More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU Driver Errors and 6600XT?

I feel you, mate. I’ve read thoroughly all your comments and I can resonate with the dissapointment, felt more or less the same sort of frustation. I’m exactly in the same situation. trying to run a rig with 4 new MSI RX6600 XT with Samsung GDDR6 mem, driver 20.40 (5.11.0825) - tried another version as well and it seems that I’m not getting anywhere. Currently running on HiveOs latest beta, 0.6-210@211025 (of course I tried other versions, stable HiveOs, etc) and already tried changing cables, PSU, risers, etc. The most solid continuous run was around 25 hours before another pesky GPU * detected dead error.

It seems a bit more stable with the OC settings around the following values: Core 945, VDD 660, MEM 1132 (yes, tried a tone of other values), aprox 32MH, but after 4 days seems that I’m back to square 1. What I wanted to add though is the fact that I really believe it’s a HiveOs related issue, not a hardware one. In my case, at the beginning, the card detected dead was randomly hit by the error (could be 0,1,2,3), but lately I noticed is more the GPU 0. Also, looking at the error log files, the pattern was that whichever card was about to die would have a 7 points increase in its VDDC and a loss in wattage, no matter the initial VDD value (i.e. 640, 660, 675, 685 etc) before the error. Have no ideea if this thing says something or not, it’s just an observation.

As a last resort, perhaps we should try using Windows with these cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi MalsBrownCoat, just a suggestion buddy but are your motherboard PCI-E slots set for “Gen1” in your BIOS? (I had ALOT of very random problems/crashes until I set the slots for Gen1)

btw, I am running TRM on HiveOS 0.6-211@211031 with 2x Powercolor 6600XT Red Devils + 4x MSI Dual Gaming OC

I would suggest dropping all your MEMs down to 1125 and then increase by 5 until it crashes, then back-off by 2 until it is stable. You will have to do for each card individually (if you do them all at once you won’t know which one does not like higher MEM values).

I have six of these cards and only two of them will run over MEM=1140. MEM=1128 is the lowest one of my 6600 XT cards needs to run at, MEM=1149 is the highest. Hope this helps…

The hiveos updated to 0.6-211@211102 last night and I am finally able to get above that 28.5 Mh/s limit. Thanks.

Hey guys, apologies for the delayed response. It seems that while I was away, I didn’t really have many issues. A couple of times, my internet connection died (which I verified was due to my ISP working on the node that I was connected to). So with that, the low hashrate trigger had fired . Aside from that, things seem to be going well.

This leads me to really suspect that those two Powercolor cards were problematic. I have since sent them back to Newegg and was refunded for them. If I end up replacing them, I’ll probably stick to the Sapphires and call it a day.

Over all, I think that the hashrates and power consumptions are fairly on par with what I was expecting. I could probably get the wattage down just a bit, but not sure I’m really going to lose any sleep over the extra maybe $1-2 a month on the electric bill. At least, not enough to warrant messing around with things. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Luci77 - while this would be a bit time consuming and mundane, you could disconnect all but a single gpu and let it run for several days (until any error presents itself). Then switch to another gpu and repeat the test. If those errors don’t repeat themselves, you may have identified a culprit GPU. Though, I do see your perspective on it seeming like an OS related issue.

Batfink - most definitely. I’ve been using Gen 1 since BitsBeTrippin even started his channel. :wink:
I did end up trying various memory settings and even the sub 1140 range yielded the random crashing.

mini_miner - how has your stability been since the upgrade?

1 Like

Also, I meant to ask for general thoughts on these stats. Stale shares seem pleasingly low.

And how do these efficiency ratings look?

look good,still going strong?

Hey, thanks for checking in.

I’d say that things are working pretty well. Aside from the random reports lately (which we all seem to be getting) about rigs being offline when they’re actually not. I have not really had any problems after returning those 2 Powercolors. I think I’m going to add one more Sapphire Pulse and call it a day on this rig.
These are the settings that I’ve been running (ETH on NBMiner);

1 Like

Would you please clarify your settings as the Header Columns are not shown in the image.
Are your settings ?
Core Clock: 980
Core Voltage: 650
Memory Clock: 1140

I hadn’t included any other setting details because there were no other configurations (aside from the fan being set at 60%). So yes, what you asked about are the only things that are configured.

I got 3 Asus RX 6600XT. I had one card that would not hash so i swapped it. My rig stops mining around 2am every day with the swapped card. What are the chances of a card mining for 24 hours and then shuts down? I’m a little lost since i get the “GPU driver error, no temp message” Of 4 Asus cards, 2 are bad? sigh

Did you ever solve this? I have a 5 card 6600XT rig and past few days has driven me nuts. It was working for ages but that was because I had two 6700’s in there with three of them. Since moving out the 6700’s having an all 6600XT rig has meant I had the GPU 0 dead issue at first, but after lots of troubleshooting am thinking its maybe not an obvious issue at all.

Yes I have two of the same brand (MSI MECH) and the OS seems to pick on one of these - predominantly one of them that tends to be in GPU 0.

Testing with them disconnected and the other cards work OK.

I did read a few months back someone like Son of a Tech posted an issue with multiple 6600’s in a rig but at the time I only had a couple so it didnt affect me then.

I seem to get this error now that I wiped Hive and started afresh, and also the error of GPU 0 dead. I first swapped the riser and cables.

I may have to install Windows on a different SSD just to see if I can replicate any problems.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.