More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU Rig stops hashing randomly losing connection must power off/on

Hi, Same thing here, suddenly Hashrate dropped to 0. I have 6 rx570 8gb. It was working fine for 10 days, and today suddently hashrate was killed.

Same.

Does anyone know if there’s:
(1) an alarm/push notification that pokes at you when miner stops hashing; or
(2) auto-restart setting when the rig stops hashing to kick it back on?

The worst part of this is that I often don’t discover the rig took a dump until hours later bc there’s no notification that it died, so I have to constantly hover & obsess over it. Fucking lame.

I think this was what they meant when they said we should put the OS on ssd vs jumpdrive

1 Like

Hashrate watchdog + telegram notifications.

Watchdog hasn’t been working for me because the rig is freezing rather than the t-rex stopping/crashing, so I have to do manual reboots. However, loud ring notification through telegram has helped me wake up and catch crashes immediately.

I have been swapping in new risers and I am praying that I’ve found the faulty riser finally.

IMO, having changed out every part, it is a riser issue that instigates these crashes. I’ve swapped PSUs, mobo, ram, usb to ssd, etc. RN profits are too good to go through some process of running one card at a time. Hopefully you have extra risers.

Wow, thank you so much for the info, bro!!

I think I narrowed down my issue, either: (1) using mismatched power cables from another PSU, aftermarket 6&8 pin extenders; or (2) that last setting (SoC) vdd… whatever. I had it set to 960, which I use for my 6900, but applied to a few other cards too and forgot so doing.

#2: possible, but not likely the whole issue.

#1: I ditched the splitters & plugged back all the rat’s nest of cables and have been mostly fine. After subsequently implementing #2, no disconnections.

And yeah, my rig kept going offline, but not crashing/freezing, per se, just couldn’t change any settings from my laptop or phone (bc rig was offline).

If any of the aforementioned variables are at play, that might be a quick solution?

100% do not use mismatched cables. That is a recipe for disaster.

IDK anything about radeon cards, can’t help you there.

If the splitter is giving you issues, ditch the splitter. I have one that I need to try. Kind of waiting on my new risers to come in, which would be easier. Then I could return my splitter.

I made two changes to my unstable rig and now she has been running absolutely rock-solid for 5 days without a glitch. The symptom highlighted by the OP @Brinker86 is no longer happening. I am not sure it is because of either or both but this is what I did: “etchr’d” HiveOS onto an NVMe SSD to replace the USB stick it was booting off. And I also removed the dual-power-supply system replacing it with a single PSU. Normally when I rebooted the rig I would shut it off by killing the power to the Corsair ATX PSU that feeds the mobo and then I would power down the HP Server PSU that feeds the GPU’s. Then I power up the HP PSU and a second-later the Mobo PSU.
Now I have purchased the new “ZSX-AMP GPU mining all-in-one breakout board” from Parallel Miner which allowed me to ditch the Mobo PSU. I got the feeling there is a “floating” power issue with two PSU’s that was maybe the culprit. Anyhow one or both as applies to you may help solve your issue @Anthony @Xzandiel @BoostMiner76 @eavmarshall @Beny44 @SaltyEddy @deo @McCownM @pkinopk

1 Like

GO down withOC

@ed259 actually I went UP on my OC’s and she is running rock solid for 15 days without a glitch. In my case it was not about aggressive OC. It was either my dual PSU setup or booting from the Kingston Memory Stick. As I said my gut feeling is the dual-psu created a floating Potential Voltage Differential.
Anyhow over 2-weeks without dying randomly is a win

@Anthony @Xzandiel @BoostMiner76 @eavmarshall @Beny44 @SaltyEddy @deo @McCownM @pkinopk

1 Like

Hi All,

I have a BTC 37T motherboard with 8GB ram.
I am running 2x3070 & 1x3080 and it works fine. When I install Rx 580 8GB, all gpus stop mining and screen freezes. Nothing works on display it just freezes on starting the miner.
When I removes the 580, rig starts working fine.
Any solution???

Thanks

Also nothing works on Hiveos online, no commands sent to the rig like reboot or shutdown or hive shell remote access.

Exactly the same scenario for me too…

Hi, i have exactly same issue as in op. I have shifted to ssd still same issue.
Need to restart multiple times using physical buttons. I am an engineer myself but i am trying to get somebody else who can help in its diagnosis and solution. I will participate equally.

I checked both rams, all cards, powersupply, update of os, miner swap, but every few hours it goes to its favourite state, gpus fans keep on running, cpu running but no signal on display, no error anywhere and offline in hiveos.

I have checked the internet issue which is not the case too. I removed ethernet cable while rig was up and mining. It went offline as i removed ethernet but when i connected ethernet back, it started to mine again and came online on hiveos mobile app.

So our issues seems not linked with internet.

The last thing is feel is power supply issue. If anybody has better idea please let me know.

I tried my rig with two different power supplies and got same issue.

One of the supply is set on pc which runs fine no matter how much load i put on the pc.

But i think if i will put the pc and its mobo to mining, same issue will start. :frowning:

Any help is welcome. And highly needed. Please help.

It is internet not the power supply. I promise!

Almost the same issue and scenario here. My mobo is AsRock H110 BTC+. Two PSUs one for GPUs and one for mobo.
I will definitely try to get new ethernet cables now and see if that helps.

No the internet issue. I have two rigs, and I switch the cable that works fine to the problematic rig. It still cannot boot. Some time I have to wait for a while and then it will boot successfully. But it seems I have to leave it cold for tonight. I’m exhausted now.

Same disconnection problem, it is driving me crazy, I have changed USB for ssd, I have changed the source for an 850w gold, changes of miners, pool, etc and nothing, I am thinking of hiveoschange problem

Hiveos should investigate, I can only switch to Windows

I reinstalled my OS it ran fine for about a day and now the dead spots are back again with one being over 50 minutes!
I am now going to try pulling the 3060 LHR card to see if it goes back to a stable RIG like I had before.
But between Random Rebooting and dead spots in ETHash this is starting to be a pain in the butt.

Someone solved?

no it’s a hassle