More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU RX580, unknown memory

Hello

I have a problem with GPU and i hope that somebody could help me…

Motherboard is Asus Prime Z490-P, RAM is TEAMGROUP Elite 8GB (1x8GB) 2666 MHz DDR4,
3x GPU AMD RX 580 Power Dragon 8GB and 2x AMD RX 580 XFX XXX 8GB.
Mining ETH on HiveOS pool, teamredminer.
This is my 2nd rig, first one works fine with similar settings (6x RX580 PowerDragon).

Problem is that Hive OS does not recognise 5th card. At the beginning i had problem with XFX card (unknown memory). Than i unplugged all cards and randomly tried different order and now i have same problem on Power Dragon card…
4 cards are working fine, when i add 5th i usually get problem on the 3rd one.

At the beginning i tried with different bios for GPU (with and without Polaris, different OC settings etc.).

I tried different BIOS versions (1620, 1602, 1410,…) with setting from this post: ASUS PRIME Z-490-A Motherboard BIOS Settings x6 GPU Help
I also tried this Asus Z490-P Bios Mining Rig Settings to enable more than 4 Gpu’s. Must downgrade BIOS to 1410!!! - YouTube and other one with similar ideas…

Now i don’t know what to do anymore. Maybe i can try with splitter but i hope there is some solution without it.

Please help… Thanks!

whats the PSU?

intel pentium gold G6405

This is CPU, PSU is power supply.

sorry…misread
PSU is 700W Inter-Tech Argus RGB-700W II 80 Plus Bronze - 2pcs connected with Dual PSU Power Supply 24 Pin Extension Cable Splitter

have have you connected them? You should put the MOBO and 2 cards on one PSU and the 3 cards on the other?

I have that type of connection already

Did you a correct the connected ?
Dual PSU

Yes, my connections are made exactly how that wiring diagram shows (with one difference, i have 5 cards)…
This rig is also my 4th rig and i have problems just with this one.

I have 1 update, if might help…
Yesterday i bought image
But problem remains the same…

solved? the same problem happens to me

dont have any answer yet… it is realy weird.
Now i have 2 rigs with that problem… please let me know if you find something.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.