More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Gpus keeps crashing and rig stops mining

I’ve set up my first rig using 3 nvidia 1660 and one 3060. Doesnt boot all the time and one by one the gpus just stop hashing and shut down with various errors as shown in the image.
I’ve tried a lot of things but can’t seem to get things nailed down. I’ve just bought some new better risers and will try those to see if they help.

Setup
Asus Z390-A motherboard and compatible i3 processor
RM750 psu
8GB Ram
500Mb M2 SSD with hiveos flashed to it
Wired ethernet connection
Using t-rex miner and 2miners pool

Hi,
Check your riser on GPU2… i think is dead…

That was my initial thought so have ordered some better ones. I will try them later and see how I get on. Its an ongoing issue but hopefully the new ones do the trick.

Make sure for your connection from psu to risers and GPU’s
Always use 6 pin power connections!!! Stay away from sata!!!

I only use 6 pin power. I was aware of the sata problem before hand which was a handy bit of advice from a well known crypto you tube miner.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Was it faulty riser? I think I might the same problem.

Hi there, yes it was 100% the risers at the time. Cheap and nasty so bought some better ones and they work perfectly. Had a few other issues along the way also but some were my errors and other times it was a configuration problem which with a bit of research I managed to correct. The rule to follow is don’t buy cheap parts as they won’t last or won’t work at all.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.