Full disclaimer: I am clearly a newbie so I ask for your patience.
I have been going back and forth with my mining rig for the past 3 weeks. Spending a lot of time on it exercising problem solving at 110 %, but I have reached a limit.
I was trying to set up my fourth RTX 3070 FTW3 (I was able to run 3 of them with an AMD 5700 XT) when my PSU (Rosewill HIVE 1000S), along with MoBo (TB250 - BTC PRO), crashed all together. I used a PCIe 6+2 pin adapter to the CPU, but when I tried to power that up it did not. Since then, the MoBo is not recognizing any of the GPU’s, except the Internal Graphic card (which I have disabled and now I can’t even see what’s going on inside).
- plugging the GPU’s in different slots, even without the riser with no success.
- starting without a graphic card, I was able to get inside BIOS (before disabling the internal graphic card) and updated HIVE OS from the stable version to the beta one, without any changes.
- different PSU’s with the same results.
- plugging different GPU’s with the same results.
- Power is running through MoBo.
- USB is being recognized by MoBo and functioning properly.
- Ethernet is going through it normally.
- GPU’s get power, lights are up and fans are running. I was able to “play” with the fan’s velocity on BIOS settings (that means they are physically detected, but there is something with the software).
- Processor’s fan is running without issues.
- Processor: Intel BX80677G3930 7th Gen Celeron.
- Ram: Samsung DDR4 8GB 2666MHZ (SODIMM w/ adapter).
- Motherboard: TB250-BTC PRO.
- Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE1000S.
- Graphic cards: NVIDIA RTX 3070 FTW3 x4 / AMD 5700 XT x1.
- USB: TOSHIBA 1 TB, Hard drive.
I am literally losing my mind. It was fun as a project, but now it feels like a burden. It is so frustrating to see the progress of making a few of the GPU’s work and then everything falls apart for an update or adding another GPU.
Any help will be HIGHLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time and patience !!!
- I was able to reboot BIOS (removing batery and clearing CMOS). I am getting into HIVE OS, upgrading last NVIDIA and HIVE OS drivers. Still no GPU’s on screen.