More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HD7950 - Support / Workarounds?

HD-7950 sadly still are not supported.
Anybody have an idea what i may do (while supporting HiveOS, and not upgrading cards or going ‘somewhere else’)

This OS is exactly what i’m looking for! But i require support for HD 7900 or 7000 series GPU at the moment :frowning:
Any comments or suggestions regarding…Developer options, launch parameters, BIOS revisions or GPU Modded BIOS, Older versions of HiveOs with HD-7950 driver support…will be much appreciated.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Until i troubleshooted this for hours did i realize, I wont be able to enjoy this lovely bit of OS until there is a workaround for HD79** series GPUS.

Thank you for you time. My respect, confidence, and thanks go out to the HiveOs Team.
To Developers of HiveOS… If you need a 7850 for testing these potential fixes, i can ship you one for free. Yes a7850 pitcarn, but i really need a fix for tahiti . To all others, thanks is advance!

Man, I feel your pain :smiley: Got a rig with 6x HD7950, and that sh*t is still running on Windows, waiting for HiveOS to support Tahiti cpus… Still waiting and praying for it :slight_smile: I’ve tried for hours too to make it work, without success…

badkarmabadkarma
perhaps some good news, Check out this other discussion…

http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/108/280x-7950-7970s-wont-hash#latest

i will try it out this weekend and get back to you.

Hey pal,

Gonna try it in a few mins, will let you know right after if it works or not !

Well, it does work for me. I have some errors sometimes, like this :

GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 726a196
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 114af201
GPU #1 returned incorrect data! e315a192
GPU #1 returned incorrect data! 30082c51
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 384477
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 3ff7ffbf
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 3fffff6f

But it does work, and so far so good, no rejected shares.

[quote=“badkarma;1097”]Well, it does work for me. I have some errors sometimes, like this :

GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 726a196
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 114af201
GPU #1 returned incorrect data! e315a192
GPU #1 returned incorrect data! 30082c51
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 384477
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 3ff7ffbf
GPU #0 returned incorrect data! 3fffff6f

But it does work, and so far so good, no rejected shares.[/quote]

Congratulations my friend!

I am still stuck on windows and it’s been costing me lots of time.

I have the variables you used. (Almost the same I use for windows)
How did you navigate to the miner folder, and edit the config?

Feeling like a " stranger" in this world of Linux @__@

Once you’re logued in, first stop the miner, then edit the miner file :
nano /hive/bin/miner (nano is pretty easy to use)
Once you have the file opened, you’see these lines :

RIG_CONF="/hive-config/rig.conf"
WALLET_CONF="/hive-config/wallet.conf"

Paste the lines right below these, save (CTRL+O) and exit (CTRL+X).
You can now restart the miner :slight_smile:

Feel free to message me if you need any more help.

[quote=“badkarma;1099”]Once you’re logued in, first stop the miner, then edit the miner file :
nano /hive/bin/miner (nano is pretty easy to use)
Once you have the file opened, you’see these lines :

RIG_CONF="/hive-config/rig.conf"
WALLET_CONF="/hive-config/wallet.conf"

Paste the lines right below these, save (CTRL+O) and exit (CTRL+X).
You can now restart the miner :slight_smile:

Feel free to message me if you need any more help.[/quote]

YES! This worked. I put it under RIG_CONF and it works. Thank you so much.

Im Hashing, but much slower than usual. I should be getting about 240-285 sols on Equihash.

Do you think this could be a kernal issue?

Hi MyGodItsFullOfStars,

This was helpful to me. So thanks for starting this thread.

One question. I have two HD7950 in a hiveOS install. But I cannot control the fans of either no matter if I load settings in wallet config or tuning config.

Do you have any issues with fans. Cards are getting very hot as a result.

Is there a workaround on this as well.

Also can you share your Claymore variables with me. The rig I have is unstable and I have tried numerous variables. Can you share yourClaymore config override settings please.

Thanks,
G

kokobiman999
March 23
Hi MyGodItsFullOfStars,

This was helpful to me. So thanks for starting this thread.

One question. I have two HD7950 in a hiveOS install. But I cannot control the fans of either no matter if I load settings in wallet config or tuning config.

Do you have any issues with fans. Cards are getting very hot as a result.

Is there a workaround on this as well.

Also can you share your Claymore variables with me. The rig I have is unstable and I have tried numerous variables. Can you share yourClaymore config override settings please.

Thanks,

Hey Man sorry ive taken so long. I have the same problem. My two giga windforce 7950s bios fan works great… use VBE07 (windows to modify bios for tahiti cards.)
45% --50 o C then slope to 100% — 80 o C

I have some questions as well.
are you getting any hases?
are you able to flash bios? i cant, give a yellow error every time saying “skipped …”

Hi . I have 5 AMD 7850 saphire 2 gb and I take an error like this : argument “–mem-clock” requires a parameters and under line this : Unable to read header from file ? Do you have a solution to fixit that ?

My guess is that you will have to define the clocks to the miner because it cannot detect a default. Also what miner and currency?

I use that Miner : Claymore User Config-fanmin 100 -tt 65 -tt 1 -di 34ab -mem-clock 1450 -core-clock 1100
I use ETH currency .
A 7850 is good for mining ?

Have you read any articles about FGLRX and GCN.1 and GCN.2 AMD graphics cards compatibility with versions used by HIVE and so on? Long story short, you need to Flash a custom vbios for your card to undervolt, overclock, and adjust fan speeds. I went through it all and even with 4 HD7950s 2 GTX 1060s and a GTX 1070 the return isn’t much.

A 7850? I’m sure you can mine other eth hash currencies and so on. But not ETH because of the memory requirements. Also even if you barely meet them, your performance is severely impacted.

1 Like

Ok ! Thanks so much ! you very helpfull me to understand my problem !