More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS Refuses to see second GPU on my setup

Hello all! First post here, please let me know f should be posting any different.

I have an AsRock B450 Pro 4 that I Am using as a basis for a new mining rig. I started with a single MSI RX 580 8gb, and recently acquired another one, identical to the first.

I installed it in the second PCI Express Slot, booted into HiveOS, and it didn’t recognize the GPU. Here’s what I’ve done, and what I’ve tried. I can’t seem to get it to work

++HiveOS Side++
-Created new USB Installation with New USB Drive
-Re-Created workers
-Rebooted Umpteenth Times

++BIOS Side++
-I’ve enabled Above 4G Encoding
-I’ve disabled CSM
-I don’t see a way to set my PCI to GEN 2, but I set it to 4x4x4x4 instead of 16x
-Reset Bios to factory Settings, re set up again
-HIVEOS Boots and is stable mining on the single GPU, with the second one not appearing anywhere in the system.

++Hardware++
-Card verify working in other systems, and first slot of this one (Stress Tested and passed)
-Card Turns on, Fans Spin, Lights come on
-Off of a single 600w EVGA 80+ Bronze PSU
-The PCI Power is off a single PCI Cable from the PSU. This was split from the factory into 2 (6+2) power connectors.

Any help would be appreciated. I don’t know what else to try. I know the card works 100%.

Thank You!

i think riser is needed for the second one. the two PCIe might be duplex or something like that.

Riser from the original / first PCI Slot?

one card on PCIE and the next with riser on pcie 1x the small ones.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.