More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

I get less shares with 1 rig vs. 2 rigs with same number of GPUs

I recently combined 2 rigs into 1 ( 4gpu + 4gpu) and immediately noticed that the total number of shares after combined was roughly half the previous average of 2 rigs. Earnings are just about equal if not a little more after a week. I really don’t understand how this works so I’m curious if any experts can shed some light.

Hello,
I got a response from the hiveon team:

“With the latest pool update, vardiff was introduced.
This means that the earnings are affected not only by the number of correct shares sent, but also by their difficulty.
In this regard, the number of shares on the workers may vary.
For example, a worker with 6 cards and 180mh/s and a worker with 12 cards and 360mh/s.
Workers with the biggest hashrate get more difficult shares, and as a result, when compared with a worker with a smaller hashrate, they have a smaller number of shares in general.
That is, in our example: a worker with 12 cards Hello!
With the latest pool update, vardiff was introduced.
This means that the earnings are affected not only by the number of correct shares sent, but also by their difficulty.
In this regard, the number of shares on the workers may vary.
For example, a worker with 6 cards and 180mh/s and a worker with 12 cards and 360mh/s.
Workers with the biggest hashrate get more difficult shares, and as a result, when compared with a worker with a smaller hashrate, they have a smaller number of shares in general.
That is, in our example: a worker with 12 cards has100 shares in an hour, and a worker with 6 cards has 120 shares in the same period of time. But the first one earned more, as he got more difficult shares”

That does not sound like a legit approach. I am experiencing a 400 share per day difference between an 8x 3080 rig @775 MH/s and a rig with 4x3060ti and 4x 3080 ti rig @ 623 MH/s. If this update is true, it is more profitable to have a smaller hash rate. In my case, maxing out around 650 MH/s.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.