More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

I setup a 2nd mining rig and everything has gone to ****

These are pre built rigs I’m buying, real novice here, don’t have the skills to build myself.

1st has worked great for months however, was a mixed GPU rig and wanted dedicated Nvidia and AMD rigs so purchased another yesterday.

Took them down to swap out GPU. Old miner started up again no problem. New miner however wouldn’t work. Finally figured out it was not connecting to internet. Running IFCONFIG I saw there was no IP address.

Found the command: sudo dhclient -v eth0 . That gave the new miner an IP. Then had to run: firstrun, put in my login and password which it accepted, got a HAPPY MINING response.

However, as you can see my stale shares have gone thought the roof, also now getting rejected shares which I’ve never had before. This is happening on both miners too. 1st miner is also telling me every 10-15 minutes that it’s losing connection and reconnecting.

Things to note.

MH/s looks fine on both rigs, really good actually.
Swapped out network cables. No change
Restarted Router several times. No change
Have only ever used NBminer. Tried changing the new miner to Phoenix. No change
Lastly, tried changing the LAN configuration from DHCP to STATIC and tried changing the IP. Didn’t get any errors but just seems to revert back to DHCP and the original IP. Not entirely sure it doing anything.

Again, real novice here and at a bit of a lose… kinda regretting buying another rig at the moment. Been at it for hours so if anyone can suggest anything I love to hear from them.

Thanks for reading

For want of anyone else replying, had you thought of a new install of hive on both ? I do have 2 rigs, well 3 actually, and not had an issue. One pc and 1 rig plugged directly into router, the other 2 are off powerlines. With regards to your bad shares, I assume you have the gpu overclocks set right. I assume both still connect to the internet ? so maybe the issue is with the ports ? Im not clued up really on Lans so can’t say anything else about that. Probably no help :frowning:

Hey Andy, thanks for the reply.

Tried all of the above plus a heap more. Nothing resolved it. I thought I’d cracked it when I set both rigs to Static IP but again, same sort of results if massive stale shares.

I did find a solution in the end. Not ideal but I got a Linux supported Wifi adaptor. connected to WiFi fixed. I produces about 0.5% more stale shares the connected one but after all the time, stress and drama I’ve had getting both working, I’ll live with it, Just happy to see them both going finally.

NOTE for anyone with the same issue I had to go back to to version 0.6-208@211207 of Hive before it see my adaptor with the “WIFI” command. Once you password is in and it’s working, you can then upgrade back up to the latest version no problem.

Glad you eventually got it working. Thanks for your update.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.