More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Instability since July 9th decreased

So I’ve been using HiveOS for several months now and recently I’ve been running into significant stability issues.

This all started after I began getting the GPU temperature 511 errors, and now I can’t actually keep my cards online for longer than a few minutes. I’ve got the watchdog completely disabled and this all looks like GPU driver issues, does that sound right? I was hoping updating would help but I’m not positive how to re-install drivers in HiveOS.

Mini how-to you can found on your rig at /hive-drivers-pack/README.txt

access through the terminal I take it? I have to do everything remotely.

is there any more information? I’m not sure how to use this. I don’t know how to get to a file explorer on hiveos remotely.

First, if Instability has decreased, then stability has increased…I don’t think that’s what you meant.

Secondly, I find that most of the errors you are seeing are using either:
a) too much overclock
b) hardware problems - usually the PCI-E Risers or power.

Try a different PCIE riser or try moving one that is working to one that is not working. If the problem moves with the PCIE riser that you moved, then that is likely your culprit.

Jim

I’ve since turned off all overclock, and have the miner running a copy of windows. I’m getting similar errors there, so I think it’s safe to assume this is likely hardware related; probably risers… I seem to go through 2 or 3 a month.