More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller i225-V (No drivers?)

Motherboard: Asus Z590-I
Ethernet Controller: i225-V
Wifi Card: 6E AX210 160MHz

I cannot connect with this motherboard. I have tried disabling IPv6, using wifi rather than LAN, and using a different rig with the same cable.

I contacted support and was told; “unfortunately our system does not yet have drivers for this adapter
most likely they have not been released for Linux yet”

I found this so was not quite sure what he meant.

Does anyone know if I can install the following “drivers” in HiveOS manually?

DISCLAIMER: Linux NOOB here.

Update: Trying the process outlined here with the I225-V drivers.
Will update with results soon.

I found a guide how to get I219-V up and running
Here’s a detailed guide Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS- support for Intel I219-V

1. Download driver from
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/15817/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCI-E-Gigabit-Network-Connections-under-Linux-?product=71307 (Testet on version 3.4.0.2)
2. Unpack zip to folder of your choice
3. Change to the driver src directory,
e.g. cd e1000e-3.4.2.1/src/
4. Make sure that any older e1000e drivers are removed from the kernel before loading the new module sudo rmmod e1000e
5. Compile the driver module: sudo make install
6. Load the module using the modprobe command: sudo modprobe e1000e The binary will be installed as: /lib/modules//updates/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
7. Verify that the interface works. Enter the following, where IP_address is the IP address for another machine on the same subnet as the interface that is being tested: ping
8. Make the driver persistent sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-$(uname -r)

I think this is what pkt 8 does::… Note: For certain distributions like (but not limited to) RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu, once the driver is installed the initrd/initramfs file may need to be updated to prevent the OS loading old versions of the e1000e driver. For Ubuntu: # update-initramfs -u

Going to try.

Does anyone have an update to this?? I tried your suggested and still no luck. Completely intermittent ping drops… pulling my hear out trying to make this eth stay up! Just got MSI Tomahawk B460 , has this controller and does not work on latest HIVE Build.Thanks

I was pulling my hair out as well. I just ended up buying a cheap USB to Ethernet adapter and hardwiring with that.
It works flawlessly.

USB to Ethernet Adapter, uni Driver Free USB 3.0 to 100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter, RJ45 Internet Adapter Compatible with MacBook, Surface,Notebook PC with Windows, XP, Vista, Mac/Linux Amazon.com

I used an old usb ethernet that was running on my WII and it work lol but i want to have the internal cart working. I have found this and will try the beta version of Hive that have support for newer card… I will test that out…

I have found the info here:

Thanks all for the info. Yes It looks like 5.10 kernel is the only way to get these drivers working…

1 Like

I will try it probably tonight to, I hope it work ! I dont like to rely on usb and old device in my case lol

I finally did it just during this chrismas break, and it work great! I was having issue also with my monitor not displaying if close once booted its now work flawless… Maybe it was my periferal that werer discionnecting and wont wake the screen but it all work now!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.