More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Is Hiveos really usable

and those from a year ago when this term doesnt exist ?

Brasko to je problem s tvojej strany, na hive os sa najlepsie tazi

All 3060s (non ti) are nerfed. GA106-300 (pci id 2503) main chip is the first released. nerfed for eth, only possible full unlock is with windows and accidently released 470.05 dev driver, x16 pcie slot (min x8), hdmi dummy. does not work on risers without ā€œfan glitchā€.

Newer 3060s have a new pci id 2504 and have GA106-302 main chip. so dev driver does not work anymore. the only chance to unlock is with ā€œfan glitchā€.

Hive can not do anything without a propper nvidia driver for linux.

tom-i, stop wasting your time. I think his intent is to bash HiveOS no matter what others reply. Heā€™s got a ā€œbadā€ experience so be it. Let him go to windows or whatever and leave this community. Having said that I would bet he would be still using HiveOSā€¦ xD
Letā€™s see how long he hangs out in this forumā€¦ xD

2 Likes

First of all, I did not come to argue but I expressed my opinion based on the actual situation and conclusions. Not everyone has to like it but itā€™s an existing situation. And letā€™s face it I donā€™t intend to compare Hiveos and Windows

There does seem to be some issues with HiveOS 0.6-206@210721+, my rig becomes very unstable with it, but HiveOS 0.6-206@210715 is very stable for me. Itā€™ll all come down to personal preference. If you have used windows for years windows will definitely work better for you hence why almost all new minerā€™s guides recommend using windows. Most people have already put the time into learning windows and are very comfortable with it. That being said if you are into learning a new operating system. Hiveos on Linex works just great, and linex will use less resources and consume very slightly less power. Iā€™m sure the stability issues I have on my rig on version 210721+ I could sort out, but why bother when thereā€™s not much difference between 210715 and current. The issues I have are most likely caused by my settings as I have my cards all to the max, along with 4 3090ā€™s, 2 6800s, and 2 1660ā€™s all running off only two 80 plus gold 1000 watt psuā€™s.

Iā€™ve been using HiveOS for nearly a month and itā€™s been very stable and reliable:

you are dual mining with ZIL , is it profitable because i read some post it wasnt do to wasting time switching and and mining zil , while for the same time if you mine ETH is more profitable.

Iā€™m mining beginer, 30 years working with servers and hardware, first time miner. For me HiveOS is great. I lost few days reading forums,.testing overclocking settings, changing speeds and voltages, and now for 30+days I have stabile rig. First few days were like yours. Many restarts, USB memory sticks with corrupted files etc. Now Iā€™m using NVME drive and sweet spot overclocked cards and everything is OK. I restart my rig only after update. You must loose some time reading forums and testing your cards.

Sorry for bad english :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only been mining with Ezil for a week or so - earned $8 so far. I donā€™t have any accurate or scientific numbers yet, sorry!

Iā€™m happy with Ezil so far. As a pool, they paid me a few times and itā€™s been reliable all around.

1 Like

I disagree too - Iā€™m a newbie and Iā€™m about to post my first post and compared with the process of mining pre HIVEOS I found HIVEOS the easiest platform to literally buy the Hardware, Put a wallet ID in and letting it run and after 5 days of running it Iā€™ve experienced no drop out or crashes or restarts when there is no interference (changes to OC, flight sheet etc - which is logically understandable)

I would say you have a hardware problem tooā€¦ But donā€™t hold it against me Iā€™m new and donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about although I have achieved an ā€œaverageā€ stable 60MH/s @140W after performance tweaks I would say Iā€™m happy with HIVEOS.

HiveOS job and main function is to provide you a rigs central management
and they gave you the option to manage and set your GPUs clock speeds and power limit
if rig show up online and the settings can be applied ā€¦ then hiveos fullfilled their job

but , if you are not putting the correct OC values and your rig crash due to incorrect OC settings or a non-safe ways to power your hardware , then it is totally your problem and not the platform wether it is hive os some other ones

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.