More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Is it possible to reset miner automatically if invalid share ratio too high?

Dear,

As described in the title, everything was working well until my miner started to deliver ONLY rejected shares at some point of the day.
Currently, it is possible to set up a “hashrate watchdog” to restart the miner automatically in case the hashrate’s dropped below a defined limit or set up to restart the miner automatically if the power consumption of the rig is below a defined limit as well.
However, in this case the reported hashrate was as usual (no change) and the rig was still online (no loss of power/internet) so it didn’t trigger any automation and it kept running as everything was well but when looking at the pool dashboard the hashrate was equivalent to 0MH since all the miner’s reported shares were all rejected.

Is it possible to set up hiveos in order to automatically reset the miner/reboot the system in case the we received a defined limit of rejected shares within XX minutes?

Yeah man look in your mining dashboard at the watchdog option, Very easy to set up and very effective. I use it and and I also add a few command line options in my extra config options in my miner configs. Look at the watchdog options in the miner, I’m not sure which one you’re using but I favor mining with NB miner because of how effective it is for AMD Nvidia mixed rigs and it’s great. I’ve used all of them at one point or another and all of them have some type of percentage of shares / stale shares options in the command line configs you can just add into your config file in your tuning of your miner.

Thanks for your reply!
Here is a picture of my watchdog setup. My understanding is that it would only trigger automation when the hashrate goes below 150MH or if LA is >4. Last time I got the issue my reported hashrate was still as usual (185.7MH) but everything I was sending were only invalid shares so it didn’t trigger the watchdog and at the end I was not getting ETH because everything was invalid.

I am using Phoenix miner (testing different ones as of now since I am still new at it) and it also shows u the percentage of good/invalid shares.

I just wonder if there is any way to set up the watchdog or any other option to automatically trigger a miner reboot when let’s say % of valid shares < 20% on the last 10min or something like that.

1 Like

Min ASR - that’s what you need:
Accepted-Share_wd

1 Like

I don’t see Min ASR option in Hashrate Watch dog settings.

How do i enable Min ASR in watch dog?

OK, I can confirm that this is working as expected. It count the Invalid!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.