More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

But if you could buy both for the same price, then 64 would be better?, thx :slight_smile: anyway I will buy the 56, the 64 it’s a gigabyte and I don’t like it :smiley:

So after some tinkering, I got t-rex miner to mine ERGO with the RTX 3070ti’s and good god did it require more power. But why I did was because with NBMiner, it would give nvidia driver failure and I would have to reboot the machine. Some of the GPU’s would go offline, some would mine.

Anyway, I know this is about VEGA series. So I mentioned before I was getting poor hashrates with nbminer. I was able to get Team Red Miner to work and get the rates up. But good god it requires 200W of power and any, and I mean any kind of adjustments away from what I have, I get “Dead GPU error”.

So I tried what was mentioned above:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

and it would just give me Dead GPU error.

I have started building my Vega rif for Ergo. I have 1 Powercolor Red Dragon which runs rather nicely at 190MH/s, I could maybe get the power lower on that? on the ergo spreadsheet some people have about 30watts less for that card and same output.

As with many others the Gigabyte cards are a nightmare to get working efficiently. I understand the power displayed in HiveOS for that card is the overall power consumed by the card so it will read higher than others.

The Gigabyte I have is a Vega 64 OC edition, I flashed it to 56 bios and the power did drop but the hashrate is still well below a regular Vega 56. Like others as soon as I try to alter settings the GPU will show up as Dead. I’m sure there must be a way to get better, or more efficient results on this card.

Any more tips to try for this specific card?

I have a saphire nitro vega 56 to add, but need more power cables to arrive before I can try it out

In the above picture you can see the * on the Gigabyte 64 flashed to 56 card don’t match the OC settings in Hive OS, but they match for the Vega 56, could this be the issue?

thanks to this post for very helpful information
I tried more straps from this post and I found the right one
Can these GPUs add more Mh?
GPU 0、1、3 ( MSI boost )
GPU 0
amdmemtweak --CL 21 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 14
GPU 1、3
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 13 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 19 --RCDWR 14
GPU 2、4
amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Wow! great success! I have been trying various settings submitted from the ergo mining spreadsheet, and finally one combination gave me better results. nearly 50watts less from the wall and 10 more MH/s . The temps are low and seems stable so far. I’, sure I can crank a few more MH/s out of this GPU1 which is a Gigabyte vega 64 OC, flashed to a 56

Hi

I have a problem with one of my Vegas.
It looks to be Gigabyte Vega 64 OC

As long as it works with original bios (as 64) everything is fine

but if I upload 56 bios for example this one:

systems starts, recognizes the card:

but as soon miner starts it shows GPU2 detected dead and system reboots.
I tried with 3 other bioses, I also tried with different straps, core clock, VDD at 920.
I have no idea what else can I do. Does anybody have any advice?

Hello everyone! This is my first AMD card after many years, it’s a Vega 56 - Asus Strix with Hynix memory. I read all this post, and from what I have seen this is a bit tough card.

Those are my settings and this is the best that I can achieve after testing “all” the Hynix configs in the topic but I expected 15-20Mhs more on this. Am I wrong? Do you have some advice on this particular card? TY

couple new settings, i cant figure out why but GPU 2 at 880 mem runs 184mh, and 875 mem run almost 188mh. GPU 5 was biggest improvement +8mh for 5w.

Samsung Straps:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 10 --RCDWR 8

Hynix Strap(works all the way down at RCDRD 10 but mh dropped under 12… needs some more testing):
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 10

Also tried some setting to match power consumption with ETH, but came in at a little more power

1 Like

thats some nice hash and low power silver… very nice.

i ended up going to MSos to try that out , it seems to behave differently than HIVE . Hive was giving me constant api errors and crashing lately alot. tried different routers , wifis nothing worked . same connections and MSos worked .

im trying those latest straps on one or two of the cards but with those straps and same mem and core im not close to that at all. im at least 10 + mhs off . MSos doesnt have an amd-info function like hive. apparently what i put into the tune section thats what it sets it too.

have you tried increasing your vdd ?

Yes for +10 but the problem continues, I don’t know why there are these moments that increase the MHS a lot. I ended up coming back to ETH

Hi, what mem tweaks do you use for the AMD/ATI Vega 56? Thx

For AMD/ATI with Samsung RAM I used these mem tweaks:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

1 Like

This is the Vega 56 that I have:

What OC settings and straps do you recommend me?. I can’t go higher than 124MH/s. Thx!

I will test with those, thx

This is the higger it goes. I don’t know if I have something wrong mmmm

• disable aggressive undervolting
  • remove the Soc Frequency limit
  • set Memory Clock to 900

Also make sure you’re using TeamRedMiner

1 Like

Ok thx I will. I was using NBMiner, I will change that as well.

I just tested, but GPU dies all the time. (Fixed now)

Using TeamRedMiner.

I will lower cClock and Core Voltage… I just copied some settings I found here from other Vega 56 AMD/Ati, so I thought they would work.

Anyway, I can go higher this time than 160MH/s
EDIT: 172MH/s now

I will try to increase values to see if I can reach 200MH/s or a stable hashrate with low power consumption.

Once you have a stable hashrate, what values should be increased in order to try to obtain a little bit more hashrate?

Be warned that 200+ mhs will require alot of power, like 160w+ (in reality 210w at the wall). It may not even be possible.

Also after some time you may get some invalid shares, which means you need to tinker with mem tweaks. Vega are reknowned for being variable, so you can spend alot of time with mem tweaks.

1 Like