More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining Monero XMRig(new) CPU is getting hot

Hi,

I tried to setting up my CPU for Monero mining.

To lower the cpu temperature, I have reduced the cpu usage to 5 cores (10 threads)
and I have also installed a large cpu cooler (be quiet Pure Rock Slim 2).
But after a few minutes, the CPU temperature reaches 84°C.
I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU on a MSI B450 Gaming Max motherboard.
All mainboard settings are default.

Can someone tell me how to optimise this.

Maybe termal paste is bad applied ?

No, I have two rigs with the same configuration and the temperature is on both rigs by 84°C.
In the first step I started with the cpu boxed cooler and the temperature was by 95°C.

By mining only ETH with GPU the cpu temperature is between 34°C and 40°C.

Changed in the bios the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) Core Voltage from “AUTO” to 1.1000 V and the CPU temperature drops down to 64°C, using all 6 cores (12 threads).

Execelente work! :clap:

I have an intel 10 gen core i-7-10870 and don’t have the Ryzen settings. Anyone knows how to fix? I have dropped my cores by half and still keep getting 100 degree CPU temps

I’ve managed to lower the temp from 87 to 71 on my 3600 with MSI B450 Tomahawk Max with setting the CPU voltage offset to -0.1 volts.
Funnily enough it retained 7.1 kH/s.

Try using FAN setting from bios. I tried mine for Ryzen 7 3700X with stock cooler. It came down from 87 to 79

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.