Mining rig problem: sapphire RX5700 xt bringing the system down
Hi all! I’m struggling with my mining system, seems that there are no solutions!
I have a system composed of an Asus b250 mining expert mobo, 8GB ram, 2 psus (1300 + 1200w), and 8gpus: 2x PowerColor rx 5700 non-xt, 2x sapphire rx5700 xt, 4x MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio.
The miners also restart because of the sapphire GPUs, saying that both “GPU X: detected DEAD (XX:XX.X), will execute restart script watchdog.sh”. I have noticed also in the miner that before doing this, the hashrate drops to zero but, more interestingly, the VDDC goes downhill to around 65mv.
I already tried:
- the 3 sided-molex plugged-in
- Removing the OC and run stock
- different bios
- different cables
- different hiveOS (tried beta and stable)
- different slots on the psu
- put the AMD’s first and Nvidia’s second (and vice-versa), put the XT first, the non xt first and also XT → non xt → xt → non xt
- different risers
- different miners
- Gpus placed sequentially and spaced (4 GPUs on first 4 positions of A lane and 4 GPUs on 4 first positions of B lane)
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!