More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Msg issuing pre-check failed and smu may be not in the right state

I faced this error after adding 4th rx5700xt to my rig.
Now I disabled that gpu from miner.

What is the problem?

On which Beta version you got this message? Linux kernel

5.6.0-200909-hiveos-beta

Try raise VDDCI / MVDD for card with Bus ID 0b:00 (GPU5 according overview tab). It’s seems too low

I didn’t change that values.
anyway I will try.

Possible this card can’t stay stable at 700 mV.
Try raise by step of 12mV like 712, 725, 737, 750 and so on …

OK. Thank you.
btw, why is 12mV?

to be more correct
1 step is 6.25 mV but driver operates only with integer values (6 mV) and for my experience only 2 steps changes matter. S

I removed all oc from gpu 5.
but there is same problem…

fixed!
it’s riser card issue.
thank you

bad riser can bring real pain :smiley:

Anyway glad to hear that you found & fixed it

I have the same problem. how you solved it

I just changed bad riser to new one. :slight_smile:

I think this issue can be attributed by high OCs too. In my case I had 5700 XTs on NiceHash, each time the Dag is loaded (i.e. Loading another algo for profitability) this happens; dropping the OC solved the issue.

Something I noticed was that if you have a relatively high rejected shares it means your OCs are unstable and you might run into some issue; in my case this particular issue.

Hope this helps in any way.

I have the same issue, but my 6 x Radeon 5700 XTs work fine during 3 or 4 minutes and the I get the error on 2 of them:

Message issuing precheck failed and SMU might not be in the right state.

The OC is pretty low in Hashrate terms

Can anyone help?

Same issue, very conservative OC settings.
On 0.6 191@210109

Would greatly appreciate any insight

same issue for me, any updates with that please?

I am facing the same issue, I changed my riser to one VER09, hope this helps because I have made a lot of adjustments and nothing works. Thanks.

Update: None issue presented so far, apparently it was my riser because my my rig did not work more than 1.5 days without the reboot issue “teamredminer reboot”.

I hope this helps- I just went through hell and back with this issue. Mobo is B250, I had 7 5700s running on it and I wanted to bring over 2 6900s since the latest firmware added support for big Navi cards… Yeah I never got the 6900s up and running with the others. On the last of a dozen attempts, the PSU literally went up in smoke. I’ve never seen so much magic smoke. I pulled the 6900s off, machine would boot but ALL the cards would throw the smu may be in wrong state… Message. After 6 hours of trial and error, swapping mobos, cards, risers etc… what ended up working on the end was two things:. REMOVE ALL OC, RESET BIOS by removing battery. I was suicidal because I thought I burned 8k in GPUs… Back to good now, minus a PSU.

2 Likes