More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI GAMING X TRIO 3080 trouble with HiveOS

So I was able to get and ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC. Right out of the box is did this with OC:

But I’m going to have to work up the courage to flash the bios on the other two. Last thing I want to do is brick those

Aye sir! Gaming Z trio cards are really problematic. I also have ventus 3090. They really are heat magnet freaks.

1 Like

OK So i have found a fix for the wrong power reporting, here is a link to my other post.

Note that setting power limit to 420 is crucial

Now if you are unable to flash your card in HiveOS, first set maintenance mode image
and restart
upload/flash and set maintenance mode to diable and restart.

You are all good to go.

1 Like

I’ve tried downloading the same exact BIOS, setting it into maintenance mode rebooting then flashing but I get ROM Flashing failed

Anything I’m doing wrong here?

first of all you need to be on the latest HiveOS version and secondly i think you might have not enabled force flashing image

Crazy that this did the trick. I appreciate post. I’m going to make a YouTube video about this going into detail about everything. I will make sure to credit you. Am I able to flash the original BIOS back that I downloaded prior of the card and reflash it for the video?

I’ve flashed an SSD recently that I used in the rig. I flashed it to the same version of HiveOS (Latest 0.6-210@211010) and I did the same thing as I did in maintenance mode and still nothing. Only hashes at its original 82.26. It was mining at 101.4 prior… Any ideas?

You need to make sure that it has flashed but if you have previously flashed the card it should be fine just changing the SSD doesn’t make a change on the GPU.

I changed nothing, all I did was flash the SSD from one rig to another and it just wouldn’t flash again. I had to bring it to a windows PC and flash it on there. I made a YT video about it. RTX 3080 How To Increase Your Hashrate! - YouTube

Im getting 0fan speed on the 3080msi card and most of the times the miner crashes or shows all cards at 0mh/s. this does not work on my msi card

hey guys i saw that some people are having trouble flashing this card. The suprim x bios didnt work. i used the evga.RTX3080.10240.200904.rom bios. 330w you will need to revert back to patch 192@211106 confirmed to work for flashing this gpu

3080 forever

This workt but my 3080 insta crashed with your settings, toyd around with it abit and best i could get stable was this

And if i went higher on mem i got CUDA Error: unspecified launch failure (err_no=4) after 1-2min and if i went lower with core my mh/s went down!
Had it running with the ASUS rog strix bios for a month but got tired of looking at the high power and i was only getting 97mh/s out of it. So im 99% sure i was just unlucky with this 3080 or its just NB miner but i have LHR cards in the rig and i didnt bother testing any outher miner, but for everyone ells try using my settings as a base and go up with 100 mem until you crash.

PS had to keep the 420 just cus

Edit: did some fooling around and PL is the key here if pl is 0 i get pre flash hashrate if i set PL to 420 or 430 i get 97+ mhs

Not all cards are the same, this what they call silicon lottery. Your card may not be able to get there however you chould check the drivers installed, and make sure its the latest one.
I change my card from one rig to the other a.d was having issues getting it to 100mh, updated drivers and worked fine afterwards.

1 Like

Nha its already running the latest hive and nvidia drivers. seens i run LHR in it i stay on top of any updates, any memclock over 1800 will crash my rig sooner or later, mem 2000 workt for a few hours then same error and crash.

I have an MSI X TRIO 3080 NOT LHR. The video card could not give more than 85 megahash. I tried to install BIOS from MSI SUPRIM X graphics card, but that also did not fix the problem. But I came to a solution to this problem when I specified the maximum power limit and got more than 99 megahash. If you set the value to zero, then this is not the maximum. And I do not know if the bios affected the unlocking.

1 Like

Signed up just to thank you for your solution! I gave up a year ago on the gaming x trio card. 10 months at 91 MH. I only wanted to update your fix with some extra information for anyone not totally happy with the power level of 420 or 430. Substitute 400 W instead for about 270 to 275 watts average and the level will scale to there automatically.

MSI Suprim X Bios 94.02.42.00.F9
Repaste/repad
97.74 MH, 53°, 76% fan, -200 core, 2100 memory, 400 PL

1 Like

You’re the best :wink:
I allready flashed it with supprimx bios, but it was only working on windows.
the tip of 420w PL save my hashrate

thanks

1 Like

All of you that are running NVIDIA cards really want to add the latest HIVE OS. Shows memory temps and I think a lot of you, like me, will be saying WTF!!!

Hi everyone, just want to drop my experience here.

Initially my RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio wasn’t able to hash more than ~88 MH/s, I tried the Suprim X Bios but it didn’t work for me, the MH remained the same no matter what OC I applied it was always below 90 MH/s.
Then I tried the ASUS Strix OC ver 94.02.26.48.1F and the card finally is working as it supposed to with 103 MH/s. The power consumption report is wrong and it changed the name from MSI to ASUS (which is no big deal to be honest).

I did Flash Bios on HiveOS without any problem, just made my original Bios backup to be safe. When the Suprim X Bios didn’t work I flashed back to original Bios then flashed again to ASUS Strix.

2 Likes