More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RX 560 Unknown Micron

First rig, and first post. When I go to my rig with the list of my cards, under the card name it says Unknown Micron and Unknown Hynix. I know these are types of memory. The cards are registering a hashrate, all be it lower than expected. Any suggestions? Thank you

There some variants:

1. Sometimes utility which detects vendor of memory chips works incorrectly and in this case write “Unknown Micron”. After reboot this type info usually showing correctly
  2. If every boot you see Unknown Micron and Unknown Hynix then tools really don’t know exactly chip part number

On both cases if cards are mining then it’s ok - don’t worry, keep mining )

Thank you very much. Most cards are indication a hashrate at around 9. I think overclocking or bios mod should fix that.

There some variants:

1. Sometimes utility which detects vendor of memory chips works incorrectly and in this case write “Unknown Micron”. After reboot this type info usually showing correctly
  2. If every boot you see Unknown Micron and Unknown Hynix then tools really don’t know exactly chip part number

On both cases if cards are mining then it’s ok - don’t worry, keep mining )