More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

My First rig ever need help with Overclocking 3070 and 3090

So after fe reinstall’s etc i managed to (for the moment) to aply the actual nvidia setting and now i have the below figures, not the best so what next for me to try

Update to the latest nvidia driver. Not sure that will fix it but try.
What miner?

Try Gminer

Wait disregard my previous posts.
I dont see any issues here other than you could bump up ur memory to 2700 ish, let it settle out then slowly drop ur power limits 5 increments until it starts dropping ur hash rates.
Im not sure why absolute core isnt working for you

Ok short update using gminer and gained a bit on the 3090 is now at 112.6 form 107.9

You could definitely raise your memory on the 3070s.
Did u Try absolute core again?
Ive heard over 120 MH on 3090s, but im not familiar with them

Update your nvidia drivers. You know how to do it?
Remote access shell start.

Nice cards you got there. For the fan speed i really prefer not to set them on auto. fluctuating temps are not good for anything. Its better if you set the fans at lets say 50% and see if the temp is stable or climbing. Its better to not run the fans in 100% or close to this. now you have cycles of running 100% to cool the card and drop temps from 60+ to 50 or something , then stop working , then start again when they heat up. cooling and heating cycles are not recommended as far as i know.

My temps stay dead stable in Auto…lol the fan vari speed to maintain a setpoint.
I have ambient temps that change alot so i need the fan to compensate and hold temps. The different speeds you see is because of the actual placement in the rig. The higher temp cards are on the end of the rig. My hashrates are dead stable, temps dead stable and power dead stable. Fan speed directly effects wattage and load on the card, i want the fans to run as low as possible while maintaining temps and hasrates
Id rather stable core and vram temps, ultimately thats whats gonna kill the card .
You do see all my temps are within one degree. 50 is my setpoint.
Setting the fan speeds at a certain percentage doesnt maintain a certian gpu temp , they all run a different temps, with auto i dont have to worry about my temps going to high, it ramps up the fan on its own. Derp

Still within one degree ,all day long.

I dont know why ur not using fan auto

because on auto it speeds up the fans even to 100% and i want them running as low as they can. so what i do is put them on set % and see whats the temp of the GPUs and then if needed increase a bit the speed % of the fan. These temps are very good , you can run them even at 60 without problems of burning. i prefer around 50-55 degrees. I have only one GPU doing mining in a regular PC box with 1 additional fan blowing out of the box the heat. Box is closed, i dont keep it opened. currently the weather outside is 40 degrees C and inside is quite hot but my card keeps 52C with 47% fan

Well your telling me that consistent temps are important, yet your fine with a 5 degree swing between 50 -55. Mine stay at 50c ALWAYS with-in 1 degree, thats called consistent.
My fans never go to 100%, i have rig fans i turn on when it gets hot in my house in the summer, i dont run AC when im not home.
With big temp swings due to outside temps its better to have fans vari the speed to maintain gpu temps.
I never have more than 1 degree swings, ever. Thats the best case scenario for the long life of GPUs.
if you have a temp consistent room, then what ur doing is fine, in theory, but i definitely dont want a 5 degree temp swing like your talking about. I went to auto fan and has made my life and conscious alot better cuz i can keep consistent temps without having to worry about adjusting fan speed.
What ur doing is far from ideal.

Show me ur temps

You only have 1 GPU to watch? Lol
You want 52c then set the fan auto to 52c. The fan wont go to 100 until it needs to to maintain 52. The fan will run the lowest speed necessary to maintain 52, and you dont have to watch constantly and manully change speeds
50-55 is not consistent and bad for the gpu. Mine are super consistent. Best conditions for the GPU

Ypu got me wrong i ment i keep the gpu around 50-55 but stable.

Now its like this and movig 1 degree only all day so its ± 1 degree it doesnt change 5 degreec troughout the day. Its stable with fan fixed at 47 %

You dont get it.
If you want 52 then set the fan auto to 52, you won’t have to watch it. It will run the lowest fan speed it needs depending on temp change…lol
I have 6 gpu. Its way harder to keep temperatures accurate by doing it manually.
One gpu is easy…lol

I guess you are right.

Short update,

After many trials i got the right mh/s for the 3070, i had decided to return the 309 to much grief with the Inn3d fan stating at 99-100% all the time even the temp was down to the point the other 2 fan wouldnt move but 3090 was on 100%

I will shop around for probably an 3080 if i can find if not 2 x 3070 they do run like a charm

they work like a charm.
you still want to increase the mining ? what are you doing when ETH stops mining , switching to others ?

Yes i will increase, i wait on the refund of 3090 and will buy 2 x 3070.

When ETH go’s down will mine RVN, Firo or Ergo, i’m already doing with a pc like 20mh/s RVN just to get a start on it, seems good.

I do not expect/need a quick return so i can play the long game.

What 3070’s you think is best for mining (given the fact that i will find the one recommended.)

check here this dude MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio - Same Model but different hashrate - #20 by AdWiix he has MSI running at 62mh/s.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.